General Categories > Carry Issues

Current Processing/Waiting Time for CHP Permits?

(1/8) > >>

AlanS:
I know what the statute says but just curious if anyone knows how much actual time it is currently taking. As of 5/17/2021 I'm on day 35. A little impatient I suppose. I got my first CHP in Nebraska 11 years ago... moved to Colorado five years later and had to wait out the new permit there, am now again a Nebraska resident and waiting again. After carrying most days during the last 11 years it seems an eternity waiting. Expecting the full 45 days, if not more, but curious if any better news is possible.

JAK:
Submitted my renewal on 1 Feb and the permit was issued on 19 March.

John K

Lmbass14:
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago.  Took exactly 6 weeks from sending to getting the new card.  I too was getting anxious cause the old one expired last week.

AlanS:
I called the NSP CID branch to inquire on Friday (5/28) which was day #46. They looked it up, said it looks like they have everything they need just waiting for someone to get time to issue it (that is literally what I was told). She said today, 5/28/2021, permits going out were applied for on April 8. Based on that she thought my April 12th application would issue sometime next week. A little frustrating that the NSP can disregard the statutory 45-day "must issue" requirement. No apology, no excuses, just waiting for "someone to get time" to do it. Could be worse, I waited 60 days in Colorado, just venting a little frustration.

AlanS:
UPDATE: So, it's now day 53. Called again and was told "it looks like it was completed yesterday... should see it later this week or next week." She said it was "completed," didn't say it was printed, issued, or mailed out. Yep, am impatient. After carrying almost daily for 11 years, including a 5-yr stint in Colorado (where my wait was longer but greatly eased as it's legal there to carry in a vehicle for your protection without a permit, as it's considered an extension of your home -- now there's an addendum of statute worth pursuing) it's been a long 53 days!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version