< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska NFA Club  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Chad McCumbers

• NFOA Full Member
    • The Gun Shop
Nebraska NFA Club
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »
I am putting together a plan for a NE based club promoting the ownership of NFA weapons.  The tenative name is NFA Collectors of Nebraska.  The primary purposes will be to create a directory for communication between members, inform anyone interested about events, and to have a political group that can respond quickly to any legislative proposals.

I will have a brief presentation at the Nebraska State Subgun Match, and should have a thorough outline by the Kearney MG shoot.

If you have any questions, please email me at info@thegunshopne.com

Offline Chad McCumbers

• NFOA Full Member
    • The Gun Shop
Re: Nebraska NFA Club
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
This has been started as a basic group on facebook.  The main purpose at the moment is a contact list and a calendar.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32508618495

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, but I have 5 kids to feed, not to mention feeding the guns I already have!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
friended of facebook... silencer shopping.

Offline gmtmaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »
I'm in... Anyone know of an outside NFA friendly range?

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 03:21:32 AM »
The ranges in North Platte, and Scottsbluff, and Kearney are all NFA friendly.  ENGC south of Omaha only bans automatic fire, not other NFA.  Heartland in Grand Island the same no automatic. I have shot auto guns at State ground outside Lincoln where firearms are allowed with no problems.  I have done PD full auto demos at the range in Beemer, NE but never asked about non LE type shooting.  I know Norfolk NE range has NFA owning members but quite restrictive on membership.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline gmtmaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
I have a place near Osceola that I can shoot. Just need to call the Sheriff first and all is fine. Looking for a place closer. The ..380 subgun is fun inside but M16 gets a little boring indoors. Not to mention the billion or so people at the range on the weekend. Got swept twice last month, so I'll stay away from that on the weekends for now. I am in Omaha, so if anyone knows of a place please advise.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 07:30:04 AM »
The ranges at Alliance are friendly to NFA but you have to be a member or with a member. It's usually easy to get a member to come along or accompany you. The only real problem is thier Hoffland (1000yrd) range is buisy with matches most summer week ends
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein