< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: "On Target"  (Read 1507 times)

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
"On Target"
« on: March 26, 2010, 07:57:24 PM »
Can anyone help me out with the "on target" ballistics program? I have a computer, a scanner, the program and targets with holes in them but I cant seem to get the targets scaned into the program or do anything with them.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: "On Target"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »
I use my digital camera, save the file on my computer, then open it with OnTarget.

I have never tried it with a scanned image.

The instructions for using the program are kinda tough to figure out, but basically you choose the image, then put in some data indicating caliber and such. Then you must establish a measure on the image. I use the 1" squares as the  the rule  to measure the reference with the ruler tool

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »
After the reference is established, you need to set the aim point with that tool, Then use a tool to pick the center of each hole in the target , in my case the holes are .224", that is why you need to set the hole size at the beginning
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
Have I lost you yet?
There is an online quick start page linked below

http://www.ontargetshooting.com/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:42:11 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder