< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bret Lindstrom  (Read 3050 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Bret Lindstrom
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 09:34:20 AM »
I’m going Pillen now. I like where he’ll be on smacking down the dyed-hair, illiberal, neo-Marxist CRT compulsory Woke speech crowd.  Take a page from the DeSantis playbook there. 

My problem with Pillen is he won't participate in debates...if one cannot take the pressure of a debate, how in the hell can one take on the pressures of running a state government?     Sad to say, I find NO good candidates in this election...may as well throw away my vote for a dead carp....in the end it all smells the same.     
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 11:13:22 AM »
Another Herbster accuser steps forward by name.  https://www.1011now.com/2022/04/30/second-woman-steps-forward-by-name-allege-charles-herbster-groped-her/

Interesting timing with the rescheduled rally and the slashed ad buys by Herbster.  Wonder if he's still in it a week from now?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 01:00:50 PM by Opusnbill7 »

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2022, 01:37:57 PM »
First, I have no respect for someone that places and ad on TV and does not say "I support this add."  Dark money makes me wonder what they have to hide.  Not one candidate has publicly stated that "I fully support constitutional carry".  We see the guy with the shotgun walking around just like Bill Clinton did. Nowhere in the bill of rights does it say, "the right to go hunting shall not be infringed."  And finally, how can a person be convicted without a trial?  I have utmost respect for Sen. Slama but, where is the police report on this incident.  She knew this type of activity was wrong, why wasn't the complaint filed immediately?  Why did she accept a political donation from him?  Why did she invite him to her wedding?  Why didn't all these other women say anything until now?  Were they ordered to?  This stinks so bad of a hidden political machine that it makes Tammany Hall not so bad.   I will unfortunately have to vote for one of them as the Democratic alternative is absolutely out of the picture.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2022, 04:49:33 PM »
I really like Julie Slama but I have a difficult time believing it took three years for her to bring up this traumatizing incident…..and she had to read the accusation from print…normally she is very verbose and doesn’t read from notes.  Indeed she was so traumatized by this event that she invited the perpetrator to her destination wedding in the Dominican Republic just 4 months ago.  Additionally he donated $10,000 to her campaign which she accepted.  And then, lo and behold, on almost the same day eight (anonymous) women came forward with similar accusations!  What a coincidence! My nose sensor isn’t great but I think I smell a rat!

That's what I'm saying is that I saw those claims too, but after I spoke to someone close to the matter as to how her office functions, the counter-claims from the Herbster camp really didn't pan out.  For example....  I found out that her staff basically exported her contact list and sent out a wedding "announcement", but it absolutely was not an "invitation" to the small, family, 'destination' wedding any more than she really invited any of the other hundreds of people to show up.

Kinda the same way high school seniors send out "graduation announcements" nowadays but not actually an invitation to a reception.  They're just bucking for a gift.   ::)

Maybe a little tacky, but not "an invitation to her wedding" as is being spun.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 04:52:04 PM »
Another Herbster accuser steps forward by name.  https://www.1011now.com/2022/04/30/second-woman-steps-forward-by-name-allege-charles-herbster-groped-her/

Interesting timing with the rescheduled rally and the slashed ad buys by Herbster.  Wonder if he's still in it a week from now?

This dude's creepy.

Admittedly, the Pillen ad racking the pump shotgun was a little creepy too.  (And I'm saying that on a gun forum.)

But the little Herbster guy seems kinda pervy.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2022, 06:30:30 PM »
I'm still lost on who to vote for. Thibidoux's website doesn't even mention the 2nd Amendment on her "Where she stands on the Issues" page They all just seem like people I don't want to even know, let alone vote for.

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2022, 04:47:50 PM »

I'm glad to see I am not the only one undecided on who to vote for.
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »
We're talking about a little more than "offending a woman" here.  Offending is ok.  Groping is not.  If he touched their shoulder without permission that's one thing, but putting your hand up someone's dress is entirely another.
No, were not. 

We are talking about supposed incidents that took place several years ago and was so "upsetting" the victims decided not to report the abuse to the police.  So why wait till now to report it, just a couple weeks before the primary, and still hide behind anonymity?
Because if they file a report and a prosecution takes place then the accused has a right to cross examine the accuser.  Otherwise, it just another Kangaroo court of public opinion.

This tactic follows a standard pattern used several times over the last decade to destroy a person's reputation so that they appear unacceptable to do <something>:
"For the crime of being accused of <something> you are hereby doxxed, fired from your job, and forever forbidden from running for public office, etc."

I'm not voting for Hubster, but he doesn't deserve this hatchet job just before the primaries.  How convenient for his opponents.

I'm not voting for Pillen either.   He's been on the Univ Nebraska Board of Regents for 10 years and only started acting conservative last July when he began running for Gov.  During that time Marxist have essentially taken control of campus student politics and the results are obvious.  Even the faculty and adjuncts attack Pro-Life booths on campus.  Pillen has no record of doing anything to stop this egregious behavior.

I got an email from Gov Ricketts today bemoaning the failure of the Constitutional Carry Bill to be passed by the unicameral.  It's obvious he is planning on running for Congress or the Senate.
Governor Ricketts has released a new weekly column, which is now available below.
Unfinished Business: Enhancing Nebraska’s Commitment to Protecting Second Amendment Rights
05/03/2022 01:41 PM CDT

Nebraskans have long been strong supporters of the right to keep and bear arms.  Nearly 85 years after it was enshrined in the Second Amendment at the federal level, Nebraska’s leaders chose to make our stance on gun rights crystal clear.  Article I of the Nebraska Constitution proclaims that “the right to keep and bear arms for security or defense of self, family, home, and others, and for lawful common defense, hunting, recreational use, and all other lawful purposes...shall not be denied or infringed by the state or any subdivision thereof.”  This should serve as the exclamation point on where Nebraska stands in its commitment to constitutional gun rights.

I'm voting for Breland Ridenour.  I believe he will do better than Ricketts lip-service to the 2A.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:43:50 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2022, 09:15:05 PM »
No, were not. 

We are talking about supposed incidents that took place several years ago and was so "upsetting" the victims decided not to report the abuse to the police.  So why wait till now to report it, just a couple weeks before the primary, and still hide behind anonymity?
Because if they file a report and a prosecution takes place then the accused has a right to cross examine the accuser.  Otherwise, it just another Kangaroo court of public opinion.

You mean something like this?
https://www.1011now.com/2022/04/25/sen-slama-files-countersuit-against-herbster/

The good news is that now they'll both have to testify under oath. 

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »

After doing some more research I'll be voting for Breland Ridenour in the Primary.

From the Issues page of his website:

2nd AMENDMENT
The right to keep and bear arms was settled in 1791 with the adoption of the Second Amendment. I am a very strong advocate for, not only maintaining our constitutional right, but working to regain what has already been taken. I am a full believer that "an armed society, is a polite society."
As a proponent for Constitutional Carry, I believe permits are infringement on our rights. Nebraskans have a full right to protect themselves without having to wait for government "approval".

Seems like the strongest 2A Proponent of the lot.
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2022, 10:50:23 AM »
Yeah, he's not going to win, but, I think I'll be voting for him too.
I'm also going to let him know it was about the 2nd Amendment that got my vote

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2022, 11:55:24 AM »
I'm still lost on who to vote for. Thibidoux's website doesn't even mention the 2nd Amendment on her "Where she stands on the Issues" page They all just seem like people I don't want to even know, let alone vote for.

She has stated repeatedly in her interviews that she supports Constitutional Carry. She posted this earlier today.
I happily voted for her last friday.  ;D

Theresa Thibodeau
I am a proud supporter of constitutional carry and the second amendment.
As Governor, I’ll fight against federal government overreach and protect your right to keep and bear arms!
#TeamThibodeau
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 11:59:18 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2022, 10:09:27 PM »
After doing some more research I'll be voting for Breland Ridenour in the Primary.

Me too. I think Pillen is going to win and he's the least bad candidate with a chance. Ridenour seems to be the only one worthy of the vote, though.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2022, 11:45:21 AM »
I just really hope and pray we don't end up with Morfeld as the county attorney for Lancaster.  That would be potentially disastrous for anyone who may need to defend themselves with a firearm.

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2022, 03:18:51 PM »
Pat Condon is running for re-election against him in the fall.  Neither appeared on the ballot because both were unopposed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:23:01 PM by Opusnbill7 »

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 01:08:23 PM »
Pat Condon is running for re-election against him in the fall.  Neither appeared on the ballot because both were unopposed.
Yeah, he needs to get someone better to manage his website, though.  I kept getting blocked because he doesn't have a valid SSL certificate.  Had to jump through a couple hoops to manually confirm I wanted to visit the site anyway.  I don't know where he stands on self defense issues, but he can't be worse than Morfeld.