< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bret Lindstrom  (Read 3049 times)

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
Bret Lindstrom
« on: January 01, 2022, 03:53:07 PM »
https://www.votelindstrom.com/issues/
I just donated to his campaign. Your view may vary.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Bret Lindstrom
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 08:55:14 PM »
Has he ever had a job, that was not working for his father?
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »
No further questions
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 10:08:08 AM »
I don't know if I'm a fan of his or not yet, but your comment about "only working for his father" sounds a lot like our current governor, so....

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:46:49 PM »
He did vote to repeal the Death Penalty and increase taxes ... and overrode the Governor's vetoes of both.  Also, has voted against "Voter ID".

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 11:54:28 AM »
He did vote to repeal the Death Penalty and increase taxes ... and overrode the Governor's vetoes of both.  Also, has voted against "Voter ID".
He used to be my senator for a short time, I do remember being disappointed in some of his votes.
Then we got moved into Linnehan's district, and now it is Walz.
I don't know how working for your father matters much, some do well some don't.
Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:11:42 PM »
I don't know how working for your father matters much, some do well some don't.
I think the issue is a lot of those guys ended up pretty well off because of what their fathers did, and think they hit a triple in life because of their talents when they actually were born on third base.  In some cases the son works really hard and is smart and talented.  In a lot of cases, though, they aren't...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:13:49 PM by Opusnbill7 »

Offline sh68137

• NFOA Full Member
  • NRA Lifer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 05:05:52 AM »
I tried to get the info about the 'death penalty' vote from the Legislature site, but couldn't.
BallotPedia had it..https://ballotpedia.org/Nebraska_Death_Penalty_Repeal,_Referendum_426_(2016)
"Only slaves need permission."--SGH

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »
https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/nebraska/
Still looks like Lindstrom is the best "viable" candidate.
Although I wish someone from the board would ask him why he's pretty quiet about LB773

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 06:30:03 PM »
Although I wish someone from the board would ask him why he's pretty quiet about LB773

I wouldn't take the word of a once noble organization that Wayne LaPierre and the Board of Directors is working overtime to destroy.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2022, 05:17:25 PM »

"Viable" is such a flexible word, full of meaning and hope.  But, what has he done so far?  Bullit has listed some pretty damning reasons not to vote for him:
Do you really want to vote for someone who thinks that taxes are too low, who wants to take the death penalty off the list of deterrent punishments, and, is against voter id?  Here are at least 24 things one needs a valid ID to do, but it is too hard for someone to get a voter ID?  That's laughable.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/24-things-that-require-a-photo-id
And, considering all the fraud that occurred with the  "mail-in" voting in Nov of 2020 one would have to be a Democrat or a Marxist, but I repeat myself,  not to support voter id in future elections.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 05:23:45 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »
Okay, I'm now uncomfortable with my choice. He DID vote for LB773, but his relationship with BRAD ASHFORD is upsetting. I feel BA is the biggest opponent the NFOA has ever had.
 Who do YOU think should get my vote. My overriding issue is the 2nd Amendment. I'm basically a one issue voter on the Gov race.

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 08:38:17 PM »
Pillen seems to be the only candidate left then based on your statement omaharj.

While the timing is suspect of the allegations becoming public, with witnesses on the record, it's hard to vote for Herbster if you respect women's agency over their own bodies.

Honestly, they all suck, but you have to hold your nose and vote for someone...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 09:09:29 PM by Opusnbill7 »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2022, 09:25:19 AM »
Looks like an early "October Surprise" number on Chuck Herbster.   Looks like they are moving them up to springtime these days.

IF we draw a line through the name of every eligible man who has ever offended a woman or carried on an affair, we will be working with a very shrunken candidates list.  I'm not making excuses here a-tall....Just being open, candid, and realistic about human nature.  Read the backstories on just about all of our own presidents, for example.  And then, there are senators, representatives, judges, mayors............................

And executives, scientists, statesmen........

Oh....I forgot preachers, pastors, rabbis, priests, all the moral arbiters.

Lord Nelson would never have been allowed to fight the Battle of Trafalgar.......There was that Lady Hamilton affair, y'know.  Such an outrage against purity.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:31:45 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 10:25:25 AM »
We're talking about a little more than "offending a woman" here.  Offending is ok.  Groping is not.  If he touched their shoulder without permission that's one thing, but putting your hand up someone's dress is entirely another.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 10:47:21 AM »
I’m going Pillen now. I like where he’ll be on smacking down the dyed-hair, illiberal, neo-Marxist CRT compulsory Woke speech crowd.  Take a page from the DeSantis playbook there. 

In terms of the whole Tushiegate thing, I go with believability, and Slama seems way more believable than, say, that bat-**** crazy hag they dredged up for the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.  I’ve also spoken to some friends who are close to the matter and learned that the counter-claims against Slama (that she took money from Herbster, that she “invited him to her wedding”) are severely being misconstrued. 

The whole Herbster thing seems weird to me like an “all hat no cattle” kinda guy.  Very little sustained interest in Nebraska and probably buying a Trump endorsement.  Then a bunch of campaign ads showing him (in as tall a pair of boots as they could find) shaking hands with random people while a narrator talks.  He’s never been strong or even halfway-good on stating where he’s at on real issues. 
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 10:50:24 AM »
but putting your hand up someone's dress is entirely another.

No pushback here.

My main theme is that the timing of this event is reminiscent of previous such events that just happened to pop up during confirmation hearings and political campaigns, rather than during the actual timing when they allegedly happened.

It all has a certain whiff to it.

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2022, 04:29:42 PM »
Agreed.  But the credibility of the accusers in this case is much better, along with having witnesses on the record.  It shouldn't require that, but in this political day and age (R and D alike), they'll play for any advantage they can get no matter the ethics. 

Well, actually, ethics doesn't exist anymore I don't think.  Unless you're one of the subjects/plebes.

Offline Otterf18

• NFOA Board of Directors
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 05:00:12 PM »
I really like Julie Slama but I have a difficult time believing it took three years for her to bring up this traumatizing incident…..and she had to read the accusation from print…normally she is very verbose and doesn’t read from notes.  Indeed she was so traumatized by this event that she invited the perpetrator to her destination wedding in the Dominican Republic just 4 months ago.  Additionally he donated $10,000 to her campaign which she accepted.  And then, lo and behold, on almost the same day eight (anonymous) women came forward with similar accusations!  What a coincidence! My nose sensor isn’t great but I think I smell a rat!
Sheldon Otto - NFOA Board Treasurer

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

Offline rnbones

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2022, 06:50:18 PM »
Normally with these things I take a wait and see stance until more info becomes available. In this case I have more info. Last summer I helped a friend with site security at Gov Ricketts Steak fry in Nebraska city. There are two entrances to Arbor State Park. One at the Northwest corner and one at the Southeast corner. I was at the Northwest gate. Orders from the Secret Service, Homeland Security and the State Patrol were that my gate was for Law Enforcement and Vendors ONLY with a few named VIPs. MS Slama came to my gate, with I presume her husband. I explained to her that this gate was for Law Enforcement and vendors only plus a few named VIPs and that her name wasn't on my list of VIPs. She told me her staff had been instructed to have her enter the park through my gate. As she was the featured speaker that day it made sense. I told her that I would have to call my boss and he would have to call NSP and then the calls would come back to me but it would take a while. She said she understood and told me I was just doing my job. She couldn't have been more cooperative, gracious, or friendly (appropriately) the call did come back in about 10 minutes and I was told where to park her car. My boss drove up in his Gator and gave her and her husband a ride to the venue. Later that day Charles Herbster also showed up at my gate wanting to park there. I again explained that this was for Law Enforcement and Vendors only and that his name wasn't on my list of VIPs. He starts to argue with me! I explained that there was VIP parking by the Arbor Mansion and that it was closer than here would be. He continues to argue with me and then slides a $20 bill out his window to save a place for him. I blew up at him and told him not to insult my integrity like that ever again. This set of actions doesn't prove anything but it sure does lend credibility to MS Slama and take it away from Herbster!! After this I wouldn't vote for him to be a poop scooper let alone Gov!!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:52:52 PM by rnbones »
If you can read this thank a teacher, because it is in English thank a soldier.