< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Cornhusker State Games and Governor's TEN matches  (Read 489 times)

Offline Larry.K

• NFOA Full Member
Cornhusker State Games and Governor's TEN matches
« on: February 12, 2022, 02:06:12 PM »
Hello all!
Our state is blessed to have a LOT of shooting events in the annual summer State Games.  Some are held at the NOEC in Lincoln, some at WWGC in Weeping Water and I think a few are hosted by the Izaak Walton club. 

I would encourage everyone to take part.  Recently the participation has increased, last year 2021 I recall there were approximately 50 youth shooters in one of the shotgun events.  In 2020 we saw the largest group of pistol shooters in the approximately 35+ year history of the State Games allowing shooting events, with 35 shooters.

Yes there will be some "experts" but don't let that scare you off.  There is Novice, Women's, Youth and Seniors classes in most of the events.  Some of the events even have a class for out of state shooters, so invite your friends or relatives from neighboring states to come and enjoy what Nebraska has to offer.  COME OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN.  Just search for Cornhusker State Games in your browser.

We are also fortunate to have Governor Rickett's authorize in 2019 the Governor's TEN pistol event, for the top ten centerfire pistol shooters in Nebraska, it is part of the centerfire event at the WWGC location.  The top 10 receive a very nice patch and certificate.

Again, check it out today.  I have been participating in some of the various State Games shooting events since 2016 and have really enjoyed it.
NRA, SAF, GOA & NTF Life Members, amateur extra AD0LS

To Liberals/Progressives, logic is not a viable option.  Being emotional is all that counts.