< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking for a reliable source for primers  (Read 716 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Looking for a reliable source for primers
« on: March 14, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »
Been shopping and a lot the sources I have found require Venmo or Zelle for payment.

Anyone have a reliable source for online purchases of primers that uses a credit card?

Thanks!
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Looking for a reliable source for primers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 04:03:51 AM »
Guns Unlimited 120th and L ish in Omaha manage to keep primers in stock ? if so - i'd suggest there.  buy'em by the 5000 count case :)
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 05:53:05 AM »
From time to time, primers are listed for sale on Armslist/Nebraska.

Whenever posted for sale, primers are always listed at price-gouging levels.   Like double and, more often, triple the previous retail price.
Right now Metro Pawn, just across the river in Council Bluffs, has some Russian TulAmmo primers for sale at $75/1000.   (Small/Large Pistol, Small Rifle)

I check Guns Unlimited couple times/week for primers.   Not in stock, of course.   Not even on the horizon.

And don't bother at Scheels, either. :(

Me......... I'm trying to remember just exactly what primers are and what they look like.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 08:47:14 AM »
Pat - Those sites that want Vemo, Bitcoin, etc are fraudulent.  Pretty much, if it don't have http://httpS://www. -- Stay away from those at all cost.  I've seen primers for sale just the last week or so.  Very expensive.  $100(+)/5000.  but they had them.  I want to say Sportman's Warehouse, but can't be positive.  You can get on GU's mailing list and they will let you know when they get a shipment of powder and primers.  A lot of sites will have "notify when back in stock" option.  Do that on a lot of my .22 ammo.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 09:48:00 AM »
I still have about 1000 of dads assorted rifle primers if you're interested.  I don't reload for rifle. Just pistol.

But it might not be worth your effort if you're not in Lincoln already.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 11:21:38 AM »
Thank you everyone. Much appreciated!
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."