< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Police laud actions of man who killed Indiana mall attacker  (Read 635 times)

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
"“Many more people would have died last night if not for a responsible armed citizen,” said the chief."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-people-gunman-dead-indiana-mall-shooting-87006795

(Sorry for the multi-post; the forum gave me a "Database Error" and then posted it three times. Mods, please delete the extras (I can't find an option to delete it on my end.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:32:25 PM by Atrus »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Police laud actions of man who killed Indiana mall attacker
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 09:29:43 AM »
Some more facts about the CCP holder who stopped the crazy Leftist.
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/greenwood-hero-is-a-freaking-stud-fired-9-rounds-neutralized-shooter-in-15-seconds/

Within 15 seconds of a mass shooter opening fire inside the Greenwood Park Mall, Elisjsha Dicken got off 10 rounds, striking the shooter 8 times, and killing him. ...  Armed only with a handgun, police say Dicken first engaged the shooter from a distance of 40 yards. Police say he was very proficient and tactically sound.   ... According to police, Dicken hit the shooter from 40 yards away with his 9mm Glock on the very first shot. Johnson County Coroner Mike Pruitt said an autopsy found the suspect had eight gunshot wounds and none were self-inflicted. He fired 10 shots with an 80 percent strike rate. ...
    “The surveillance video shows Sapirman exit the restroom at 5:56:48 p.m.,” Ison said. “He was neutralized by Dicken 15 seconds later at 5:57:03 p.m.”   Dicken had no police training or military background.

The police statement didn't mention the CRUCIAL 15 seconds but the mayor's public announcement implied it took 2 minutes.

"Many more people would have died last night if not for a responsible armed citizen that took action very quickly within the first two minutes of the shooting."

Two minutes was how long it took "trained responders" to respond to the shooting.  By then who knows how many more people Sapirman could have killed if he killed 3 in the first 15 seconds?

CNN, the NYT and other MNM took great pains to claim that CCP holders who defend themselves and others is "rare", ignoring the estimated 2 million cases per year where that occurs.  To create the impression that Dicken's acted stupidly they cite cases where good Samaritans were shot by police who believed them to be the shooter, which is indeed rare.

This also points out how foolish our legislature was in not passing a Constitutional Carry law this spring.  Indiana's law became active on July 1, and many people are still alive because that law was active, restoring to Indiana the protections that were taken away when the 2A was infringed.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Police laud actions of man who killed Indiana mall attacker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 09:30:37 AM »
I'm getting database errors too.