< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LR 178  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
LR 178
« on: October 13, 2007, 12:21:37 PM »
As mentioned elsewhere, I am of the understanding there is to be a second hearing scheduled to discuss discrepancies in local firearm regulations. We had a good turnout at the first hearing, but I think we can take what we learned from the first one to improve our testimonies at the next.

This is a bit premature as I have no information yet on when and where the next hearing will be held, but I want to start thinking ahead. I will post an update as soon as we receive any information on this.

Once we get the date and location, we need to coordinate with everyone we can that will be attending to maximize our message through our testimonies. We are given such a short amount of time to speak, that we need to be efficient as possible. Last time, everyone did a great job, but much of our time was spent repeating what someone else had already said. We need to coordinate our testimonies so that they compliment, not repeat each other. We also need to stack the order of presentations so that the strongest preprepared presentations go first to allow the later testifiers to organize responses to points of discussion that come up during the hearing.

I'll post updates to this as I get them. 

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: LR 178
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:43:12 PM »
Well, just received this reply from Senator Christensen regarding a second hearing:

Dear Kim and Jay,

The Hearing for LR 178 was on September 28th. I am unaware of any
upcoming hearings, but will let you know of any future LR 178 meetings.

Sincerely,
Senator Mark R. Christensen
District 44

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »
Was this not the hearing we attended? Is he going to let us know when the NEXT hearing WAS?!?!? ::)
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Kim

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:06:44 PM »
We had heard through the grapevine that there was possibly a second meeting in the works and that it would be at a different location, however did not know when.

So I guess, we just wait.....I'm not very patient   >:(

Of course, this interim time would be a great opportunity for us to work on Plattsmouth, Nebraska City and some of the other towns that do not allow CCW and perfect our pitches.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Plattsmouth 3-110
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »
What is your plan, Sahib?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.