< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Prairie Doggin' ............  (Read 1280 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Prairie Doggin' ............
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »
........... on Sunday.  I took 3 of the kids, Eldest, Jac, and The Boy.  It was a good day.  Among the priceless moments:

......I was settling the cross-hairs of my .270 on a grass-rat about 100 yards down the hill, when it pitched over backwards, center-punched by Eldest, using my open sighted .22.  My muffs did little to tone down the squeal of glee and the "I got him before you did!"

......The girls discussing/figuring out how to safely negotiate terrain, including crawling single file in a ditch and walking through a culvert, without anybody's muzzle sweeping anyone else........ "actions open....... Dad's .22 is to long to hold up..... I'll go first with it.....".

..... The Boy, all of 5 years old, struggling to carry Eldest's .22 (a Marlin 15y).   "You want me to carry that for you?" "No, I got it. Can I have a bullet? " Index finger straight, gun vertical in front of him, in both hands........

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.