< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Odd story.....  (Read 1237 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Odd story.....
« on: April 10, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »
 So a month ago I desided to sell my AR. I found a buyer and 2 weeks later he gave me $1000.00 to hold it for him until he got his purchase permit. Then he just stopped answering his phone when I called. He would no show me everytime we were supposed to meet. After 2 more weeks of this crap I called the deal off and tried to return his money...... He refused the money and forfeited the $1000.00 willingly along with the gun. He sign a paper saying that he was forfeiting it. Apparently money is nothing to this guy.

Soooo yeah I'm a little confused.... and happy.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Odd story.....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
Watch your back. Something fishy is going on here.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:03:27 PM »
Sooooo... what kind of AR are you going to buy with that $1000?
 >:D >:D >:D
 ;D

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
I would be very, very, nervous.  I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to file a complaint with the police.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »
So how much do you want for the gun now? ??? >:D
If he signed a piece of paper he has nothing to stand on now.
Either he was up to no good or has more money than sense.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »
So how much do you want for the gun now? ??? >:D
I'll give ya the difference ;)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »
I'd be concerned that he might go to the police and say he gave you the money, but never got the gun, and try to claim you forged the agreement.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:52:16 PM »
Huskergun:

You are a Big Boy.

So Surely You Can Figger That Just Maybe You've Encountered Some Kind of Bad Boy.

Coupla Things Here for Consideration:

1)  Goody that a firearm traceable to you isn't now in Some Bad Boy's possession, after all.

2)  Might be a Good Idea NOT to spend that $1000 in case he shows up some night at your door short of cash.   Even though at one time he seemed to have Money to Burn.   Circumstances change.   And He may just not recognize his own signature on the quit claim note.

3)  During These Recession Days, Just What Kind of Folks have Money to Waste??    Just What Kind of Businesses Might They be In??   Probably not anything requiring a Federal Background Check.

4)  Finally, There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch.   Possible Corollary is That There's No Such Thing as a Free AR.   Either.

One Final Thought:  Might be a good idea to keep 18 rounds in that AR's magazine, selector on Rock and Roll, and Sleep With It.   Even though you've never called it a "Gun" and always cleaned it Bright and Shiny.

Your Friend and Admirer,

sfg
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:56:38 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline jetdrvr46

• NFOA Full Member
  • Get off my lawn!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »
Very strange indeed. What was this guy like? Rich guy? Low life? Does he know where you live? I'd watch out. If I ever do a "gun deal" I meet at a neutral place. I never let anyone come to my house unless it's someone I know is trustworthy like a forum member here or personal friend.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »
I had almost an exact situation about 10 years ago with a car I was selling.  They guy gave me half the money to hold it, and kept saying he would get me the rest when he came to pick it up.  After a month of runaround I wrote him a check and mailed it to him.  I had the cancelled check as proof he got the refund.