< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Finally Some Shooting Weather  (Read 963 times)

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Finally Some Shooting Weather
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
Nice to see folks posting about getting back outside to shoot. I made it to the range yesterday with the AR to shoot all of the test loads I put together over the winter. Hoped to find a good one or two for DCM matches. My AR is an A2 DCM with a SS 20" 1-8" twist. I went to shooting all of the test loads with open sights as I wanted to see how my improved battle sight setting worked out. Things went well. I found two loads with the 69 grain SMKBT, Varget and RL-15 that I could keep under two inches off the bench. Good as its going to get with my eyes these days. If I can shoot anywhere near the potiental of the rife/load combo the matches may go well enough. Of course that will take some time and experience. Looking forward to having some fun now that the sun has come back.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Finally Some Shooting Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:35:55 PM »
Did you ever pick up that CMMG .22 adapter you were talking about?  I wonder how it would work with a 1-8 twist.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:35:35 PM »
No kidding!  the weather was awesome today!  i even went to the bullet hole in la vista and broke in my new MAC10.  its no longer NIB!!  its really fun and im loving this sun!!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »
Did you ever pick up that CMMG .22 adapter you were talking about?  I wonder how it would work with a 1-8 twist.
You nailed the problem with that idea Mr. B. I did some research and found that the 1-8 twist isnt recomended. Accruacy would be poor at best. So, if I want a .22lr AR I may as well get a complete upper. Could have a problem with getting that one past the "Borad Of SO Finance" but I am looking anyway.  :angel1:

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »
Just tell her about all the money you'll save by shooting .22LR instead of .223......