< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Help Re-elect NE State Senator Mark Christensen  (Read 1242 times)

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
Help Re-elect NE State Senator Mark Christensen
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
Senator Mark Christensen is from District 44 which covers the Southwest portion of Nebraska. This URL shows the location of District 44. I would encourage everyone who knows anyone who lives in District 44 to encourage their help and support (VOTE FOR) Senator Christensen in his upcoming re-election bid. We received the below email from Senator Christensen and I personally feel we all should do whatever we can to help get him re-elected. He?s a true 2nd amendment advocate.

http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/maps/legislature/Dist44.pdf

Thank you for your support and encouragement to serve and defend our 2nd amendment rights. This is my fourth year and I am looking at a difficult race for re-election. My opponent is a former senator and has name recognition also. I have lead legislation every year to enhance the 2nd amendment and want to continue for the next four years. If you can I would be very appreciative of any support for re-election you can offer. Feel free to send this message to anyone that you know that could also send support. Remember to be involved in all the races that you can, especially those that stand up for your second amendment rights.

Senator
Mark R. Christensen
POB 1058
Imperial, NE 69033
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Help Re-elect NE State Senator Mark Christensen
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
Thanks Wes, well said.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Help Re-elect NE State Senator Mark Christensen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
We have several people in office who have supported our rights, and our members need to support all of them.  Also if the is an elected official that does not support your rights you should find out if their opponent will, and support them.

What support does our friendly candidates need; first if you are in their district get out and vote, it would be a terrible thing for one of the people who have supported us to not be reelected because a few people felt that they would be back in with no problem only to lose because they did not get out and vote.

Also and these things can be done even if you are not in someone?s district.  Campaigns need cash, advertising, yard signs ect. are not cheap and they help bring in votes.  Don't have any spare money to offer (even small amounts help, if you can spare $5-10 it can go a long way when joined with funds from others), on of the best things you can do is volunteer to help out a campaign, a few hours delivering some yard signs for a candidate may not seem like much but when you are running for office and your time is limited any help is greatly appreciated.

If you would also take the time to let those you contact and offer support to, in whatever fashion, know that you are an NFOA member and you would like to thank them for supporting your firearm rights it lets them know that to keep your support they need to keep supporting you.