< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Articles in the OWH today  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Articles in the OWH today
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:13:36 PM »
Nobody better get to comfortable to soon. You better be ready for a fight next year, because there are sure to be some proposals that punish law abiding firearms owners brought up.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100413/NEWS01/100419830

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100413/NEWS97/704139842

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Articles in the OWH today
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:03:17 PM »
His "violence study" was the same tactic he tried to use a few years ago to get AWB passed.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:14 AM »
All I need to read is "Sen. Brad Ashford..." and I know non-sense will follow. The really sad part of the story is: "Ashford, who is running unopposed for reelection". I wish someone would unseat this crap-weasel.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:15:10 PM »
We oughta draft Chris Zeeb to run against Brad Ashford.

I'd vote dozens of times.

For Chris, of course.

sfg
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:16:11 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
Ha! I don't live there........... And I won't be moving there!

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
ah Chris, is that really a requirement?   You can find some Omaha address to put down on the application can't ya?   >:D

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »
Well, not really. I guess since Ernie has lived in Bellevue, yet represented North Omaha....

Maybe I could get away with that too?

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:37 PM »
Yeah......you probably could but we don't want to get down to his level. Ashford is just one of those politicians that just don't get it. And it seems he tries to play both sides of the issue. He is a flip flopper. We have to make sure that any and all efforts to pass any sort of law that mandates a penalty and makes a criminal out of people who fail to report their lost or stolen guns to police is stopped dead in its tracks. Senator Brenda Council has already announced her intent in this regard.

Our focus next year should be to get a full blown castle doctrine that not only gives us "presumption", "civil liability" but also would make Nebraska a "stand your ground" & "any place you have a legal right to be" state.....further protecting especially CHP holders if they use their weapon in self defense. Also I think we need to provide for legal presentation of a weapon when one is felt threatened. Kansas just fixed their law because of this:
The recent Kansas Supreme Court Ruling in State v. Hendrix stated that if a person threatens force instead of actually using deadly force, the individual is not entitled to a self-defense jury instruction and could be charged with aggravated assault.  The ruling was applied to an individual who threatened force (but never discharged the firearm), when his fianc?e was assaulted and was subsequently charged and given a felony conviction.  He is now a prohibited person for exercising his God-given right of self-defense.

We need to find out if this is the case in Nebraska as well. As far as I know if you pull your gun in Nebraska you could get charged with brandishing. Is there any protection if you are just threatening the use of deadly force because you feel threatened?

Also of big importance and something that probably most everyone in the legislature would vote for is "Emergency Powers" legislation. We need to pass a law protecting our 2nd Amendment rights during a declared state of emergency. This just passed in the Hawaii legislature and is going to their governor. It passed in their Senate 32-0. That is in liberal and gun unfriendly Hawaii! If they can pass it so can we.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »
That looks like a pretty solid agenda to me.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud