< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: M1 GARAND  (Read 812 times)

Offline RANGER 01

• Powder Benefactor
M1 GARAND
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:42:15 AM »
I am thinking of purchasing a M1 GARAND (Service Grade) from CMP Sales. Anyone out there that has recieved one. I was wondering what kind of experience you had with CMP.
Reading their forums sounds like most guys like the Rifles they get.
I am kind of new to all of this.
Last year my wife and I got our NE Concealed Hand Gun Permits.
Now I want a M1 Garand and a AR15
I guess got bit by the gun bug. Ha Ha!!!
My Oath, taken in 1959, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic,still STANDS

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: M1 GARAND
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:00:08 PM »
 :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:04:23 PM by ranger04 »

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Re: M1 GARAND
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
I've not personally purchased through CMP, but my shooting buddies have.  I've run their Garands and they're nice - rack ones go bang accurately and one buddy who ordered a higher grade one, actually got a rifle that looked like it had never been fired (still shaved brass from casings while he was breaking it in). 

Go for it.  Price is right and you can't beat the deal of the USG sending a piece of US history right to your doorstep.
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein