< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Springfield GI  (Read 1559 times)

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
Springfield GI
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »
I was gonna wait till a MIL-SPEC came in, but I couldn't wait anymore and had money in my pocket to burn.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:05:59 PM by akclark »
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Springfield GI
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
I've got one of those. The extractor on mine needs to be tensioned correctly so that ejected cases are do not have their mouths bent by the slide. The other thing about these is that they do not have a 45 firing pin but rather a narrower 9mm one (or what the manual indicates is a 38 super firing pin). Aside from those things I like it.

Offline tylersaurus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:14:17 PM »
I love the OD! It looks great with the wood grips.

Offline tony2112

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
i have a springfield 1911 A-1 od national match reissue all tricked out. i like shooting it better than anything else.

Offline akclark

• NFOA Full Member
    • CryptoSpace
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 12:18:25 PM »
It would be nice if it had better sights. Between the weight and the lack of sights I think I should have gone ahead and gotten an RIA tactical compact. Hindsight is always 20/20.
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides