< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Upcoming hearing on gun violence  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Upcoming hearing on gun violence
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »
http://www.ketv.com/news/17369878/detail.html?rss=oma&psp=news

Hearing On Gun Violence Scheduled

OMAHA, Neb. -- The state's judiciary committee will hold a public hearing on firearms-related violence at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 12 at Douglas County Civic Center.

Among the officials and organizations scheduled to testify are Omaha Mayor Mike Fahey, city prosecutor Marty Conboy, the Omaha Police Department, the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Creighton University and the University of Nebraska Medical Center.  

The civic center is located at 1819 Farnam St.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:19:37 PM by Dan W »

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Upcoming hearing on gun violence
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!  As for being knoledgable, I am not sure I fit bill, but I think I can be there.  Is the Civic Center Posted?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 02:02:38 PM »
What is it all about new laws or gun bans something of that sort ? ???
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:27:06 PM »
VooDoo69:

There has always been those folks who are anti-gun, bullets, etc....but now with the party change in the national presidency along with the ever-increasing numbers of House and Senate same-party members, these groups, folks, etc are getting a bit bolder in trying to get their foot in the door.

After all, the recent Heller decision by the US Supreme Court was only by a very, very narrow 5-4 vote.  With there probably going to be at least 2 if not 3 SC changes of members during this next administration's term(s), it won't take much to tip that vote.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan