< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Robber's mom forgives shooter  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Robber's mom forgives shooter
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100429/NEWS01/704299843#robber-s-mom-forgives-shooter
Published Thursday April 29, 2010
Robber's mom forgives shooter

By Leia Mendoza
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER
? Metro/Region

The mother of a man who was shot and killed by an armed citizen said she doesn't hate her son's killer.

?I'm not angry or mad at him,? Kim Thomas told The World-Herald on Wednesday night. ?I've already forgiven that man. What Marquail did wasn't right.?

More at the link   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:14:43 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Robber's mom forgives shooter
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:08:29 AM »
In her interview with WOWT, she was not so forgiving.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
In her interview with WOWT, she was not so forgiving.

Agreed, she called 8 shots something along the lines of "Excessive". Her boyfriend went so far as to say that 8 shots was quote "Agressive". He did what needed to be done. I watched the press conference and I must say it seems as though he was and is quite level headed about the entire incident.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:06:52 PM »
Yep, eight shots might have been low if this was a police shooting.  I'm not being critical of LEOs, but that is how many have been trained.

Also, it sounds like Mr. McCullough only remembers firing four shots, at least from his press conference yesterday.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
In an interview video, J.M. Davis states that one of the bullets McCullough fired went into the barrel of the shotgun, proving that the shotgun was being pointed directly at McCullough when he fired in self defense
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 12:21:05 AM »
Shotgun easily could have been pointed at the shooter after the first couple of shots. Someone shooting at me I would return the favor by pointing my shotgun at them. 
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger