< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Appleseeds: Grand Island, NE on June 19/20, August 21/22, October 23/24  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman

Appleseed Season is in full swing!

Here's the info on the Grand Island shoots.  Space is limited so to register, hurry over to the Eventbrite registration pages are for all three shoots: Grand Island June 19/20, 2010; Grand Island August 21/22; and Grand Island October 23/24.  Registration for both Saturday and Sunday is only $70 - however, it is FREE for women, under 21s, and active military. 

Don't know what Appleseed is?  Well... Appleseed is a project initiated by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a 501.c3 nonprofit, that describes the program this way:

Appleseed is a program that instructs Americans on the traditional rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down from generation to generation, along with reconnecting today's Americans with the people and events of the Founding era. Participants are taught fundamental rifle marksmanship skills that are required to allow a Rifleman to be accurate out to 500 yards, with iron sights, standard rifle and surplus ammo. This is the traditional 'Rifleman's Quarter mile', which is an uniquely American Rifleman skill, that has been part of this nation from the very first days.

It's really an outstanding weekend where you'll get great marksmanship instruction and you'll hear the stories of the events that ignited the fire of revolution on April 19, 1775.  Here's a link to the After Action Report from the April shoot out at Broken Bow, NE.

Want to learn more about Appleseed or what you need to bring? After you've looked at those two pages, get registered online for a shoot. Heck get a buddy to register with you.  And bring your wife and kids, too!

Don't have a rifle yet? (unlikely considering present company here, but just in case...) On a tight budget? Take a look at a discussion on affordable Ruger 10/22 Liberty Training Rifles or Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifles. (you will have to register for the RWVA forum to see those two threads; but if you choose not to do that, there's a limited discussion on this blog).

See you there!

Zombie
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:12:11 PM by zombiehunter »
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein