< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Your Favorite Recipes Please!  (Read 1612 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Your Favorite Recipes Please!
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:29:06 PM »
My favorite deer recipe:

1 Vidalia onion, Diced
1 Red bell pepper, diced
1 Green bell pepper diced
1 or 2 Bananna peppers (med-hot)
1 lb slivered steak or chops
dash of Worcestershire Sauce
sprinkle of cumin

Curry Sauce: 1Tablespoon Miracle Whip, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon sugar

Heat 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil in skillet (avoid to much heat or oil will get bitter). Saute peppers, onion and deer, avoiding overccooking: if the Vegetables get soggy, you are cooking too long.

Dash worcestershire sauce and cumin, remove from heat. Slather flatbread, tortilla, or home made wheat bread (avoid "WonderBread/plain white bread- it'll fall apart) with curry sauce, ladle on meat and vegetables. Goes Great with Dark, Heavy Beer and Hunting Tales!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Your Favorite Recipes Please!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:13:24 PM »
Honestly, I'm real partial to simple, good ol' fashioned summer sausage. That and grillin' up fresh loins right in the shop while butchering, dipped in bbq sauce, accompanied by a cold Busch heavy. I've got a major plain jane taste.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
For the Simple Kind of Man:
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »
Cube a roast, marinate in soy sauce 1 to 2 hours, rinse, drain, pat dry and drop in a pot of hot oil.  Take care not to overcook.  Last time I made this, it did not make it to the table....... the kids got mac and cheese.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Your Favorite Recipes Please!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
I used this recipe on some venison that Van Fleet's had marked as "tenders" that had been in the freezer for 4 years(forgot they were there), turned out just awesome.

3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbls. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbls. Montreal Steak Seasoning

Put in a ziplock bag along with the venison, remove as much air as possible.  "Squish" it around so that the meat is coated well and let marinade for at least a few hours in the frige.

Pre-heat grill very hot, put the meat on for about 3-4 minutes, flip over for a few more(don't overcook it) till it's evenly browned. Take off the grill and let sit a couple minutes, should be pink in the middle.  Cut into 1 1/2" slices and serve.

Ends up tasting like prime rib(to me at least).
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.