< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fremont Gun Show May 15/16  (Read 1714 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
Fremont Gun Show May 15/16
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:38:18 AM »
Fremont Gun Show May 15/16  I will have some tables there due to recent restructuring of my professional life.  If NFOA has some stickers or fliers etc. to hand out feel free to put some on my tables.  Also any NFOA member who wants to consign a gun for sale on my tables rather than carry them around is fine as long as they take them home at end of day if not sold. I will be selling any guns on paper.  Most the stuff I will have would be demo only type guns but it makes for a nice display.  I need to pep up the gun smithing and barrel threading services type work. 

I am also available for birthday parties, and other private events.

http://myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/index.htm
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Fremont Gun Show May 15/16
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
I may be coming to Fremont, maybe I'll take you up on the offer.  I have a rifle I'm trying to sell.  I could help with some NFOA stuff too if we'll have a presence there.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
I'll bring up some sign-up sheets, etc.  I'll be there first thing saturday am.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
"Also any NFOA member who wants to consign a gun for sale on my tables rather than carry them around is fine as long as they take them home at end of day if not sold"

Hey Dave I would have a couple hand guns I would like to sell on Saturday.   How will i find your tables?   Thanks  Marshall

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
ill be there with a friend early saturday morning before work.  ill stop by your table.  where is your table exactly?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »
Just Got Back from the Show.

Good Show, as usual.   Fremont usually is.   Five bucks, better'n a cheap matinee movie.   Or a museum.

Saw the No Concealed Weapons signs posted at the entrance.   Figgers.

Some good [low] prices on reloading components by the 3Lees.

Coupla aisles full of clothes.   Next, they'll be selling produce and groceries, like Wally World.

Good variety of firearms stuff:   All the way from shotgun to varmint to CCW to tactical.   Not too much Old Junk.    Barely enough militaria for the WWII Junkies.

Didn't see any raffle tickets for any kind of gun.    What's goin' on?

Short on portable gun safes.   What this world needs is a Really Good, Secure 1-HandGun Safe for installation in cars, trucks.   So when you're makin' your rounds and it includes the post office, church, or the parole officer,  you can stash your hardware securely [and legally] while doin' business inside.   And reconfigure when back inside the car.

Gunvault and several others make some, but it looks like one chomp on that lil' cable with the bolt cutters, and the Perp has your Glock and is gone.   [Don't say, "Who'd steal a Glock???  Some People!!!]

One of the Exhibitors said that a round was heard to go off loudly earlier this morning somewhere in the exhibition hall.   No one hurt, said Same Person.   Can't verify.   Wasn't there.   Maybe it'll be in the OWH.   They LOVE that kind of stuff.

Saw our NFOA stuff.   Had to hunt a bit.   Wasn't prominent, like the Libertarian table.   Or the NRA's just inside the Front Door.   No complaints here.   NFOA was there.

They run one more day.

Go Get 'Em!!!

sfg

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:11:04 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
Good show, fair mix for everyone. Got to have a nice chat with with Hope and Rob. Not real busy between noon and 3 so chated with a few vendors. Spend money on gun stuff, a truly priceless day. Only down side, didn't have enough money to buy a gun.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
I was there this afternoon as well... nice show. But it's the first one I've been to (4-5 or so) with a "no concealed weapons" sign.

What's that about? Maybe there's a legit reason... just wondering.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »
Typical RK show, though they changed their name it's still the same people running it.  2/3 guns, the rest is surplus stuff, chinese tools and other assorted crap.

Didn't see too many guns changing hands.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:36:58 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »
It was a decent show, but really slow.  There just weren't that many people there on Saturday afternoon.  Maybe because the weather was so nice.

I do like the fact that you see NFOA flyers at so many dealer tables these days.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
Saturday morning was quite busy, after lunch I suspect that local high school graduation took most the crowd away.  Sunday was the opposite, morning dead, then 1-3 when the show was winding down my tables got swamped with folks. Sales were good for the type of thing I do.  Sold mostly other peoples stuff, but that puts money in my pocket without having to lay out cash on my own.

Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »
Our club puts on a gun show. It's almost impossible to buy insurance for the show, but we still have to have it. The insurance requires we post the show . We don't search everyone who comes in and we don't ask if they are carrying. What I'm trying to say is that we don't enforce it as long as the handgun remains concealed. We will gladly buy insurance from a supplier who will not require this if it ever becomes available.  There have been times when we have forgotten to put up the signs and nothing was said. I don't know what would happen in the case of an incident and I don't want to find out.
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein