< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Officers cleared  (Read 992 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Officers cleared
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
Four officers opened fire on a suspect the other night at 84th and I-80 after a shoplifting incident.

Four officers fired multiple shots each and the suspect was only hit 4 times.

I am not questioning. The Officers on this, but I think it is pretty clear the bias the media has after James McCullough's firing of multiple shots was questioned over and over

Offline equinox137

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Officers cleared
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:55:56 PM »
Chris, I agree there is a media bias on this to the effect of "only the police should have guns" but coming from the LE side, I can assure everyone here that the four officers were indeed grilled the same way James McCullough was - by their internal affairs division.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
I don't doubt that the officers faced even more scrutiny....... From the top down, IA and the City leadership....

It is just funny how the news media touted that combined these officers had 55 years of experience, however they didn't report the total # of shots in this case. This wasn't released to the news media, as it was in Mr McCullough's case. It was reported that all four officers did fire their weapons.

Officers or civilians, under that amount of stress.... The hit ratio is what it is.... But the general public and media gives LEO's a free pass on this, while heavily scrutinizing the civilians actions.

Not criticizing the officers........ Just the naive general public and news media

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:58 AM »
Now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing the final number of shots fired by McCullough.  I read eight in the paper, but James Martin Davis said it was fewer.  It sounded like four hits and a fifth in the shotgun barrel.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »
8 fired total. 1 in the barrel of the shotgun (I would call that a good shot), one to the chest, one to the shoulder, one to the hand, one to the lower back as he was spinning around