< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ted Nugent defines the 2nd Amendment  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Ted Nugent defines the 2nd Amendment
« on: May 15, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »

Ted Nugent defines the 2nd Amendment
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Ted Nugent defines the 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Uncle Ted, such an eloquent speaker of truth/ common sense.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Bill

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
I've seen that before.  Ted is just awesome

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing this.  It is sooooo simple, why don't people get it?
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:33:27 AM »
Ya but this is something to think about too.

http://www.jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nugent-open-letter.htm

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
I said Ted Nugent gets it, and you have to drag out the NRA?

WTF does this have to do with the concepts Ted espoused in the video?

Don't troll my threads... I am in a particularly foul mood today
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 12:52:07 PM »
maybe if more people joined the NRA, there would be more money to do some of the things that the link supplied by mizzly has on it.  However, I browsing the information, it looks as if some of the things on the list are all but impossible given the climate of government in the US. 

Offline BAM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 07:21:28 AM »
Ted can talk the talk when the spotlight is on....

I'll just leave it at that....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Have any of you haters ever served on a board of directors?  Things don't always go your way. NRA is governed by a very large board, not by Ted Nugent.

I don't suppose any of you naysayers ever vote for the NRA board either. You would actually have to get involved to do it.

I am no big fan if the NRA, but I know how this stuff works, and blaming Ted Nugent for the shortcomings of a  4 million member national group, one that you probably don't even belong to, is just a chickenguano thing to do in my opinion

Now if you can argue against the message he espoused in the video, go for it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 05:53:40 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:27 PM »
The NRA compromises too much in my opinion, but my impression of Ted Nugent has always been that he's a take no prisoners, no compromise kind of guy when it comes to our freedoms.  Having him on the NRA BOD does the organization a lot of good.

I have a lot of problems with the NRA, mainly because I feel they ignore local issues, but the fact remains that they're the most effective organization on the national scene.  With only 4 million members it has enormous clout.  Imagine if even half the rest of the non-NRA gun owners joined - we'd never have to worry about our rights again. 

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 08:56:02 PM »
You have summed up my position well. The NRA told two of our board members in person at the Guns rights Policy conference, that they NEED us to take charge with the local issues.

So some of us need to quit *****in and get to work
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:09:12 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 05:07:12 AM »
"I am no big fan if the NRA, but I know how this stuff works, and blaming Ted Nugent for the shortcomings of a  4 million member national group, one that you probably don't even belong to, is just a chickenguano thing to do in my opinion"

I don't think any one is blaming TED for any thing. the letter was to try to get Ted to help.

OK  for the record Ted nugent  Is one of my favorite people in the whole world.

I am a member of the NRA also.

8 seconds into the video the NRA was mentioned & we were talking about uncle TED.

I thought the link I submitted Had some information that others might like to know.  I am not bad mouthing Ted or the NRA.

In fact you can Thank the NRA on January 1st when you will be able to legally carry your concealed weapon across the state line into Iowa.  Thanks to the new bill signed into law by Gov. Chester Culver (democrat) 

Iowa Carry a group which is very similar to NFOA & the NRA made that possible with a lot of hard work.

There was another group called Iowa Gun Owners who had a bill in the works which would have allowed an Alaska  or Vermont type of law (no permit necessary for residence).  That bill did not make it though.  So did we win or did we lose?  Well Iowa Gun Owners think we lost, because we still need a permit.  However Iowa carry thinks we won because Iowa is going to be Shall issue instead of may issue with 99 sets of standards & requirements.  Iowa also will have  reciprocity with all the other state's permits, no restrictions based on training standards etc...,

Thank you NRA

I didn't say TED sucks & the NRA sucks I just said it was something to think about.

In fact I really liked the video of Ted.  However don't be surprised if you here some sound bites on some liberal slanted media some day.

"Blew his brains out"
 "shot the bastard dead"
 "shot him 6 times in the chest & killed him"
 "I like dead offenders"

Hey this all sounds great to me but we've all seen how the libs can spin things & take them out of context. 

Any way Dan I'm sorry I trolled your thread.  I didn't even know what that was, I had to Google that one.

Offline BAM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 07:33:24 AM »
Have any of you haters ever served on a board of directors?  Things don't always go your way. NRA is governed by a very large board, not by Ted Nugent.

I don't suppose any of you naysayers ever vote for the NRA board either. You would actually have to get involved to do it.

I am no big fan if the NRA, but I know how this stuff works, and blaming Ted Nugent for the shortcomings of a  4 million member national group, one that you probably don't even belong to, is just a chickenguano thing to do in my opinion

Now if you can argue against the message he espoused in the video, go for it.

You are correct, the message in the video is a good one....but, this video aside...I'm just saying that Ted sometimes has trouble telling the truth...and his words don't always reflect his actions...and odds are pretty good that somebody "helped" him with that little speech....back in 1992....he just changed a few names...

The main reason that I am reluctant to get involved in some of these groups is Ted Nugent.

Up until a couple years ago, I had been very actively involved in Ted's organization.  I joined with Ted almost 20 years ago on the ground floor of his group TNWB, I stuck with it as it changed to TNUSA and then partnered and be absorbed by the NfAA, all the way up to what ever he calls his little group now.  I am very familiar with Ted, I have sat down to meals with the man, my words aren't just wild accusations.

I spent my time and money out of my pocket to make fliers and such and push his swag at shoots and sports shows...

I never asked for , nor expected, anything in return.  And that is exactly what I got.  Which is fine, like I said.  But when his group dwindled to nothing more than a web site, and then the web site turned into more of a fan club, and then Mr. Nugent wanting me to give him even more money to be a "member" of said web site/fan club...and then seeing even more questionable actions...I had to cut my ties....

so, I'm sorry if you feel that I pooped on your thread.  I just wanted to point out that Mr. Nugent doesn't walk on water, has a lot of skeletons in his closet, and might not be the best person to represent any cause...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:34:32 AM by BAM »

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
If you want to improve the NRA, get involved with it.  They are not set up to effectively engage on state issues, let alone local ones.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:56 PM »
Bam and Mizzly, I apologize for my bad mood rantings that you were the victims of...

Bam you have personal knowledge of Ted N that most others do not, so I have to take you at your word. My real anger was that the message was the point not the messenger.

Not many will get on the national stage and say it like we all think it.

Mizzly, you gave a good account of your view this time and now I see your point, and I agree with you. The JPFO gets a lot of respect from me also, but Like the GOA, of which I am long time member and supporter, they just go a little to far sometimes, and right now we need unity, not division.

BUT my real desire here is to promote these kind of discussions rather than the drive by comments that  angered me.

Once again, I was wrong to attack you guys like I did.  Please forgive me
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline BAM

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
Bam and Mizzly, I apologize for my bad mood rantings that you were the victims of...

Bam you have personal knowledge of Ted N that most others do not, so I have to take you at your word. My real anger was that the message was the point not the messenger.

Not many will get on the national stage and say it like we all think it.

Mizzly, you gave a good account of your view this time and now I see your point, and I agree with you. The JPFO gets a lot of respect from me also, but Like the GOA, of which I am long time member and supporter, they just go a little to far sometimes, and right now we need unity, not division.

BUT my real desire here is to promote these kind of discussions rather than the drive by comments that  angered me.

Once again, I was wrong to attack you guys like I did.  Please forgive me
I appreciate the apology, but there is really no need and no hard feelings...

as the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all....perhaps I should have followed those words and kept my comments to myself.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »
Quote from: BAM
I appreciate the apology, but there is really no need and no hard feelings...

as the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all....perhaps I should have followed those words and kept my comments to myself.

BAM,

I'm sorry, but I will have to disagree with you...though in a good way.  ;D  You had every right to say what you did.  This is a FORUM.  It is a place for people to discuss different points of view.  Even though we may all support 2A rights, that support may be on many different levels.  Some may believe that there is NO just law restricting gun ownership, transportation, sales, etc.  While others think that SOME laws are necessary.  Regardless, this is not a place to be attacked because you don't feel that a particular person is the best representative for our cause.

Keep speaking your mind in a civil way, and explain your point of view.

Dan,

A wise man once told me that when you are about to write an angry communication, stop, take 24 hours to think it through, and then say what needs to be said.  Chances are you will be more effective in winning people over to your way of thinking.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 06:32:23 PM »
If only you knew how many posts and emails I delete after writing every day... It was a weak moment.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
If only you knew how many posts and emails I delete after writing every day... It was a weak moment.

Be strong Dan!  ;)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum