< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearm amnesty day set  (Read 1576 times)

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Firearm amnesty day set
« on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20100526/NEWS01/100529706/0#firearm-amnesty-day-set

Though I wish all the bad guys would turn in their guns I doubt it will happen, unless they are trying to get rid of a gun that has a body or two tied to it.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Firearm amnesty day set
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
This does nothing to prevent crime and is just a lame PR campaign.

In fact as AAllen suggested it will probably only enable the evil doers to get away with murder. I would even go as far to say that the city is aiding and abetting here. First they make all the good guys register their guns so they can harass them endlessly while never catching the bad guys and hope for the day that political momentum is on their side to confiscate all such legally registered firearms from the law abiding. Second they make a stupid amnesty day like this so the real bad guys who have been killing and shooting up the city can come and get a free evidence destruction service done with no questions asked. Brilliant just brilliant!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
Well, Heck..................

Let's beat out Omaha Police Department.

Let's have our own NFOA Firearms Amnesty Program.

Citizens and People and the Public and Hoplophobes could turn their firearms in to US.

Then, We could sort them all out, share them all around the Forum, and..........

HAVE ONE HELLUVA TIME!!!!!!!!!

Think of the Movie Clip that Huskergun could make with That Arsenal!!!

sfg
[PS - Make sure that they turn in some Ammo, too.]
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:22:15 AM »
Ugh I hate that this is happening in our own state.  GUN OWNERSHIP IS NOT A CRIME.  I have a right mind to put that on a sign and set myself up a lawn chair on the sidewalk right in front of their precinct that day.
N0ZXR

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

Hey, Ya know, come to think of it, I've got some cardboard, a big ol' marker, and a foldin' chair myself. Do you need a somebuddy to sit with 'ya?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
Maybe some dealers should put signs on their vehicles and drive around the area.  Signs that say "So and so Pays Cash for Used Guns!!!"  Heck, maybe get one of those advertising planes that cirles stadiums during games.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 04:12:36 PM »
Well, Heck..................

Let's beat out Omaha Police Department.

Let's have our own NFOA Firearms Amnesty Program.

Citizens and People and the Public and Hoplophobes could turn their firearms in to US.

Then, We could sort them all out, share them all around the Forum, and..........

HAVE ONE HELLUVA TIME!!!!!!!!!

Think of the Movie Clip that Huskergun could make with That Arsenal!!!
sfg[PS - Make sure that they turn in some Ammo, too.]

I like the way you think.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »
I'd be all for these ideas... if there was a way for someone not in law enforcement to run the serial numbers of these guns. 
I don't want to have anything to do with any stolen or "ILLEGAL" guns.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline MosinMagnet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
I am stationed in Cali right now and every time one of the "turn in" things happens there are a number of C&R holders that attempt camp near by and try to snag the historical pieces (L.A. has been doing the turn ins inside school zones lately).  Imagine Grandpa's Luger bring back fetching a $50 reward because a family member turned it in.   My heart just breaks when I think of all the history that will be lost.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:43:54 PM »
Yep- gun 'buy backs' & amnesty are full retardation. From what I've seen most of the stuff turned in is worthless crap- but certainly some gems slip by and then the occasional evidence too. No questions asked?' that doesn't attract a certain element, does it? So you get paid BY THE POLICE to get rid of something incriminating? That is pure brilliance. LE agencies auction everything else why not guns?
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud