< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Rock River Arms LAR-15  (Read 2037 times)

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Rock River Arms LAR-15
« on: November 24, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »
Rock River Arms is my favorite brand of AR15 semi automatic rifle.  This first one is an 18" barrel, rifle length gas system, Wylde chambered upper, that was custom cut from 20" to 18", recrowned , and re-contoured by Adco Firearms in Ohio. As of now , a set of Midwest Industries 2 piece railed handguards are installed. An upgrade to a free float rail is in the works, (because I think that it will improve the accuracy)
  The lower receiver was hand built by myself and includes a 2 stage match trigger , Hogue grip and a Magpul CTR collapsible stock. Internals are all RRA. Barrel has a 1x9 twist and IS NOT chrome lined, hopefully giving me a slight increase in accuracy. Topped with a Nikon Monarch Team Primos 3-9x40mm scope with BDC reticle mounted in an Armalite I piece mount. Prarie dogs beware 8)
Bipod is by Harris,  model BRM-S, attached by a LaRue Tactical quick release bipod mount , with pod-loc

Next up is  my favorite 16". All Rock River Arms. And once again the Midlength upper was custom built by Adco Firearms, with a 1x9 twist, chrome lined bore, and a 5.56mm chamber.The Govt. weight barrel contour makes for  very nice handling and reduced front end weight, especially due to the Daniel Defense 9.0 Lite free float railed fore-end, which is one of the lightest on the market. Topped by an EOTech Model 512 holographic sight, with a GG&G Accucam quick release mount, and backed up with a Midwest Industries ERS folding rear back up sight.

The lower receiver is all RRA , hand built, and has a modified RRA single stage trigger , pull weight of 5 lbs. Stock is an RRA M4 collapsible. This rifle also has a Insight M6 Tactical light/laser. As  I said, this is my favorite AR15(so far  ;))

Last , but not least is my Legacy rifle, meaning it is to be handed down to my son. This is a KISS version of the AR15(Keep It Simple Stupid)

The lower receiver is once again all RRA, that I hand built, with a nice 5.5 lb single stage trigger
In a departure from my previous builds, I selected a Sabre Defence 16" midlength upper from PK Firearms. This barrel uses better quality steel, (4150 CMV )than the Wilson barrels used by RRA, and is a Govt. profile 1x7 twist chrome lined bore with a 5.56mm chamber.  In keeping with the KISS theme, it has few add- ons, but among them are the Hogue grip, and an RRA M4 stock. Handguards are standard midlength .  The rear iron sight has  been fashioned from a cut down A2 removeable carry handle .

I use mostly Magpul PMAGs in my AR's. All three are equipped with PRI military big latch's on the charging handles. They are all also equipped for use of  either single point or 2  point slings. Flash hiders are A2  as are the front sight bases.

If you are interested in learning more about the AR15 platform, just let me  know here at the NFOA forum, or if you are a braver soul, check out the forums at http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3  Have fun

Ljunatic

PS: Thanks to Larry P   for the use of his range during the development of these rifles, for sight in, and pictures.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:40:18 PM by Dan W »
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry