< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: He's baaaaaack, well...probably.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
He's baaaaaack, well...probably.
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:28:51 AM »
omaha.com/article/20100620/NEWS01/706209917#ernie-chambers-might-run-again

Ernie Chambers might run again

LINCOLN ? The ?King Cobra? might hiss again in the Nebraska Legislature.
Former State Sen. Ernie Chambers of Omaha, who has likened himself to a king cobra snake because of its power, said he's ready to run again for his old north Omaha seat ?if things don't change? at the State Capitol.
Chambers, who will turn 73 on July 10, was not allowed to run for re-election in 2008 under Nebraska's term limits law.

-snip-
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:40:10 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: He's baaaaaack, well...probably.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 12:00:10 PM »
If he runs he'll get reelected.  Hopefully this time the Legislature will have the cojones to stand up to the bully.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
"Chambers, a member of the Omaha-area Learning Community board, acknowledged that a lot could change between now and 2012. He might even be dead by then, he said."

We can only hope.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
Ernie "Pull out the race card" Chambers. He wants to fund abortion and increase the time allowed for abortion. Too bad his mother didn't agree with him. His legacy could have been Ernie "pulled out with a clothes hanger and thrown down a gutter" Chambers.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:53:02 PM »
I had the opportunity to interview Ernie several times while I was in college.  (My undergrad degree is in journalism.)  You might be surprised by him when the cameras are off and the reporters aren't around.

If you read the OWH article carefully, you'll see that Ernie sees himself as a catalyst that forces discussion and debate.  Does he really believe all the stuff he says in his heart or is he doing some of it to make people think and react?  I know for a fact, from the discussions I had with him after the recorder and camera were off, he's doing some of it simply to make people think about the opposite side of the question.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »
When I was in High School in the 70s Ernie came and spoke to our Political Science class.
 I really felt he was tweaking the little white suburban kids, by his outragous statements, and I was genuinely mad after he spoke.
Partly because I thougth of some good rebuttals after he left.
I remember we had some good discussions in class that week, and I agree that Ernie is sometimes out-there just to get peoples attention.
In my opinion, the only good he did at the legislature was to take the teeth out of the 55mph laws of the time.

Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:08:41 AM »
[In my opinion, the only good he did at the legislature was to take the teeth out of the 55mph laws of the time.

/quote]

As obnoxious as he is, he has prevented more stupid legislation than any other State Senator in the history of this state!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »
Frankly I don't see where you guys are coming from. You can make people think by having a civilized debate as well. This man was an outrageous SOB and the BS that he pulled in the legislature was downright criminal. He is a hypocrite as well in regards to hating on guns and gun owners since he is one himself. His relentless support of abortion on demand and fighting reasonable restrictions on it makes him a sick sorry piece of trash. He is a racist bigot, and had no respect for anyone but himself. He showed up to the legislature wearing shorts and t-shirts thinking he owned the place which in a sense he did because he held the entire state hostage to his demands. He was supposed to be there to serve but he served himself and his ego is bigger than the sun. His blatant disregard of the constitution showed he had no respect for any authority but himself. His illegal attempts at infringing on the 2nd Amendment should have been enough to try him for treason which carries the death penalty.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:56:53 AM by DanClrk51 »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
DanClrk51,

This is an open forum where members are encouraged to speak their minds.  You need to come out of your shell and not be so timid about stating your point of view.   ::) (SARCASM)

Seriously though...I see Ernie in the same light as Jesse Jackson.  I can't think of anyone who was less about doing the right thing and more about getting their face in the paper.  Whatever group (religious, ethnic, socioeconomic, etc.) they were trying to endear themselves to, they were all about presenting the image of support instead of acting morally.  If either of these men see a chance to jump in and defend someone, regardless of the defendant's guilt, they will do so just to score points with those that support them.  Their defense, regardless of the facts, is that the persons were justified in their crime or in some way should not be held accountable.

On a side note...I met a pilot who saw Jesse Jackson at an airport.  He walked up and addressed Jesse in a respectful manor and attempted to shake his hand.  JJ just looked at him, did not speak, and did not extend his hand.  

Fly
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:51:21 AM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
Well, he has sued God, now who does he have in mind? Need to make sure people remember what this idiot has cost the taxpayers before so he doesn't do it again.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
Remember one of the last things he accomplished was establishing the new Learning Council. 

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »
Remember one of the last things he accomplished was establishing the new Learning Council. 

...And Ernie actually complained about Sen. Friend taking the position of Director of the Nebraska Office of Violence Prevention.

Pot, meet kettle.   ::)

If he does run again, I wonder what district it will be for.... since he's been living in Bellevue for quite a few years.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 04:53:01 AM »
He'll probably try again in his own district since I doubt he could win in any other district in Nebraska because he is so way out there.