< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Regular customer foils bank robber.  (Read 1030 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Regular customer foils bank robber.
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:52:32 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/hero-takes-alleged-armed-bank-robber-10969012

Lesson here is: No matter whether you carry, or what you carry, the most important thing you need is the pair of nuts 'bagged' between your legs!!! Otherwise, you're another woulda coulda bystander, who did nothing.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Regular customer foils bank robber.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:51 PM »
Great example of commiting 100% to the fight once it started. Notice no one came to help untill he had the guy pinned. Gotta love the lady crawling out on all fours, just ad a caption saying "BAAAAA" and it would be perfect.

Also a great example of how your choice to act or escape cannot be set in stone (if [1] happens I will ALWAYS do [2]). I would think that the most common reaction in a bank robbery would be to escape and be a good witness (he had plenty of time to do so). I know Im not going to risk my life to save an insured banks money. But this was very different for this man. To paraphrase " I knew everyone here, and felt I had to do something." Good for him.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
Too bad the bank isn't stepping up to pay the guy's medical bills.  ::)

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
The bank didn't cause him to be shot. The robber did. Now it sounds like he's suing the bank!
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »
The bank didn't cause him to be shot. The robber did. Now it sounds like he's suing the bank!

True, the bank didn't cause him to be shot, but they benefited from his actions while their security guard sat on his a$$ outside the bank.  Maybe some of those people he protected could put together a fund-raiser to help him out.  Maybe the bank could donate the amount of money the thief would have stolen had this guy not stopped the robbery.

Nope, they're all too busy being a part of the "Me Generation." 

Offline f1fanatic

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
The bank should definitely step up and absorb this guy's medical bills 100%, insurance or not. Having not done this from the outset is a PR nightmare. I venture to say it will cost them more than this in lost business and bad publicity. I can tell you for sure if I were a customer there and heard the bank was balking on helping this guy out I would move all my business and leave a letter as to why along with internet and facebook postings among other rants. Their behavior is atrocious.