< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: North Carolina Man Accidentally Shoots His 11 Year-old Daughter  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20100630/NEWS/306300056/N-C-man-unloading-gun-kills-11-year-old-daughter

BEAUFORT, N.C. -- Authorities say an 11-year-old girl visiting her father in North Carolina was killed when the 20-gauge shotgun he was unloading went off.

The Carteret County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that 35-year-old Michael Lee Wynne II of Beaufort called 911 for help late Monday afternoon, but authorities say the girl was pronounced dead at the scene when emergency personnel arrived. Officials say Wynne's 12-year-old sister was also in the room at the time of the accident.

Both girls had arrived the day before from Arkansas to spend the summer with their father.

The sheriff's office is investigating the incident, which will also be reviewed by the district attorney's office. No charges have been filed so far.

What a horrific situation.  Let's remember the family in our prayers.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: North Carolina Man Accidentally Shoots His 11 Year-old Daughter
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 04:22:33 AM »
That is very sad.

Offline f1fanatic

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
I can't even bring myself to read the article, The title was enough for me.  :'( :'(

Offline Ghost

• Steel Benefactor
  • NRA Life Member - 1972
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
Something to remember whenever we handle a weapon.  How could you ever forgive yourself if you let something like this happen?   :'( :'(
A well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free State......George Mason