< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Coolest Proposal Story Ever.......  (Read 1259 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Coolest Proposal Story Ever.......
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
.....as seen at Oleg Volk's High Road:

So, I am now happily engaged to a wonderful gun loving, motorcycle riding 24 year old lady (I'm 23, she's robbing the cradle, lol). Anyway, after much thought I finally figured out how to propose. I stashed the ring (a 80 year old family heirloom) about halfway down in a bulk pack of Winchester .22's. We were out plinking (me with my Remington 341P, old but still great and her with her Savage MKII) and she was grabbing handfuls of ammo, loading her mags. After around 70 rounds or so she scooped up another handful of .22's..... and the ring. She didnt even notice it until she tried loading the diamond ring into the magazine. She just sat there, staring at it, with a very perplexed look on her face like "this wont fit in the mag?!?". I just looked at her, already on my knees from shooting prone and said "Will you?" She said yes. Needless to say she was shaking a little too much after that to continue shooting. My parents witnessed it all from inside their house. We walked from the family range down to the house. I was fine, keeping my composure, not crying....until we walked in and there was dad, sobbing like crazy. That got me, the waterworks were on. Anyway, just figured I would post this up, as it is a testament to the power of plinking.

Added some pics of her. Ya, she can handle a gun....
Attached Thumbnails

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Coolest Proposal Story Ever.......
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
Awesome!