< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: New Ammo manufacturer in Nebraska  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
New Ammo manufacturer in Nebraska
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:23:42 AM »

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100720/NEWS01/707219941/1009#kimball-ammo-maker-gets-grant

Kimball ammo maker gets grant

KIMBALL, Neb. (AP) ? A company that makes and sells small-caliber firearm ammunition has received a $315,000 Community Development Block Grant to assist with its startup in western Nebraska.

Gov. Dave Heineman awarded the grant Tuesday to High Point Manufacturing in Kimball.

High Point will manufacture, market and sell ammo and also plans to operate a factory retail store that sells ammunition.

The governor?s office said the company will create 23 full-time jobs.

High Point will locate in a building on the east side of Kimball.

The company will use the loan to make capital improvements and for inventory. The Community Development Block Grant funding will be matched by $250,000 in owner equity and $65,000 from Kimball?s Economic Development Fund.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
Re: New Ammo manufacturer in Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
Hornady got some money too, they are also adding some jobs. This is a good thing for Nebraska.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 10:18:14 AM »
Goody!!   ;D ;D

I get to put High Point Ammo in my High Point Pistol....    8) 8)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Goody!!   ;D ;D

I get to put High Point Ammo in my High Point Pistol....    8) 8)

As they say, 2 wrongs >:D >:D don't make a right  :angel1:
 ;D j/k ;)
I read that too, just glad the sheeple in charge didn't cut that money off for them.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Grunt167

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
We also need to go after manufacturers in blue states like Kimber which is in New York state....
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
We also need to go after manufacturers in blue states like Kimber which is in New York state....

Why would they want to leave NY for someplace else with high taxes? That is the issue Nebraska needs to address to enable economic growth. We have the highest income, property (3rd highest in the country!) & gas taxes & 2nd highest sales tax compared to our neighboring states.....

Sorry about the thread hijack- glad to see an ammo maker gearing up. Let's hope the competition starts to drive prices down......
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:59:59 PM »
Higher tax rate is a price we pay for a more sparsely populated state.  NYC vs Lincoln. I will take Lincoln.
Glad to see more business moving to NE instead of leaving.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:00:56 AM »
Couldn't disagree more. That is why I only compared Nebraska to our bordering states. Sure there are differences but many more similarities, what inherent advantages do Kansas & So Dakota have over the 'Good life' state? And doesn't sparser population equal fewer services too? Sorry does not compute. I'm glad to see new businesses starting & I'd rather live in Lincoln then NYC too- but that is more a knock against NY then vote for Lincoln.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »
I'm anxious to get out to Kimball and check it out... I love that part of the state... I've got some clients out there I haven't seen in a while I should drop in on while I'm there.