< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Holster questions  (Read 5883 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Holster questions
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
I know the crossbreed people off a 'combat cut' on their supertuck. It removes some of the leather for better grip access. As far as I know you can also send in your current deluxe for'em to apply the 'combat cut' to it... Isn't a free option from my understanding though.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:17 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to play around with some different leather cuts.  I have enough leather for about 8 more holsters (even for larger guns) and enough kydex for probably 6 more.  More than I have guns for.  Thanks for the tip on the clips.  I figured I'd share until I decide how many I'm actually going to use. Besides, I only carry one at a time :-).  Though I may make some tuckable mag holders as well.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 05:11:49 PM »
To continue original topic - any suggestions on tuckible mag holders?

Although prolly doesn't matter a whole lot, specifically 12 round .40cal for same sig p229. Not sure if want single or double mag.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »

Although prolly doesn't matter a whole lot, specifically 12 round .40cal for same sig p229. Not sure if want single or double mag.

http://www.miltsparks.com/Accessories.htm
NRA Life Member.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:23 PM »
www.tuckergunleather.com
A bit of a wait I think.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 01:55:47 PM »

http://www.miltsparks.com/Accessories.htm

www.tuckergunleather.com
A bit of a wait I think.

Are the Milt Sparks ones actually tuckable?  I see they do IWB but not sure about tuckable. The tuckergunleather ones look nice.  I was just going to make some with kydex as the mag holder but maybe not.  Those look nice.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »
I just carry my spare magazine in a Leatherman pouch on my off side.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
The leatherman pouch is something that I use as well...
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
I also use something of the sort, cell phone cases and they blend in with todays world even work when you dress up no one looks twice at it...

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 08:20:24 AM »
Are the Milt Sparks ones actually tuckable?  I see they do IWB but not sure about tuckable.
I believe you can use their J-hooks from the VM2 holster on them.  I remember speaking to a guy who had tuckable mag pouches and said they were from Milt Sparks. 

And yes, be prepared to wait.
NRA Life Member.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
Crossbreed (out of horsehide) came in on Friday.  Been wearing it empty since in a pair of jeans.  Extremely comfy for sure.  And have forgotten I'm wearing it a time or two already.

At home fiddling with it, no issues with retention either.

<3

Thanks guys :).

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
Would have jumped in this at the start but alot of others were already telling you about the Crossbreed. Glad you like it.I wont give mine up.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »
I also have the SuperTuck... added an "Amish Belt" that I found a link for in another CCW forum... http://www.hanksclothing.com/belts.html Belts under $25 and free shipping right now!  Makes a world of difference with the holster not sagging on my hip.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Supersparky

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
What date did you order?  I ordered two on July 26 and am hoping they show up this week.  From what I see on other boards, they are saying 3 weeks and that will be Monday.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »
Supersparky: placed my order on July 27th.

HuskerXDM: aye, got a super thick belt for things as well... I knew the gun would be heavy and weigh things down, but didn't quite expect it to be as bad as it was :)

Owell, remedied :)

<3 the thing

Offline Supersparky

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2010, 06:22:24 AM »
Unfy,  Did they email you when it was shipping or did it just show up?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »
Sparky - nope, no mailing confirmation / notice. Since ya ordered two it might take the full 4 weeks - I dunno.

With other's statements here and my own experience thus far, I'll venture that it'll be worth the wait :).

The only time I notice I'm wearing it (without the 3 pounds of gun in it) is going to the bathroom or when bending over in an exaggerated way. Much wuv :)

Offline senax

• NFOA Full Member
  • Trust, but verify.
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 11:42:10 PM »
There's another alternative nobody has suggested yet--a pocket holster. As long as you have a handgun of the appropriate size and weight (for me a S&W 642 revolver works well), you can wear anything as long as you have front pockets that aren't too shallow. One advantage is that there is no need to have the butt of the weapon covered by a long shirt, jacket, etc. You can wear your shirt tucked in with nothing over it, and as long as you have a pocket holster that works properly, the lump in your pocket isn't particularly gun-shaped.

Just a thought--you need to find what works for you, but for me this is the simplest, most versatile mode of carry.

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »
I alternate between pocket carry and IWB with my LCP depending on the situation.

Offline Supersparky

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
I did get my holsters.  I read on another forum that they would ship FedEx and have been waiting for them.  I found them in my mailbox today.  Maybe this will teach me to get my mail more than once every two weeks.  The ship date was Aug 10, so it has probably been there since Thursday.  I missed an awesome weekend to try them out. :(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:50:18 PM by Supersparky »