< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Revolver question....  (Read 1364 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Revolver question....
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »
i recently bought an LCR revolver and i was wondering how many speedloaders (if any) should i have?  this is going to be one of my CCW handguns and also used for plinking/target practice.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Revolver question....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »
According to some of the guys I shoot with you should invest an equal amount of money in magazines as you did for the firearm. That would get you a lot of speedloaders!

I'd probably want to carry 2 reloads, but don't find speed loaders comfortable to carry most of the time. If I am carrying a revolver I probably have two speed strips in a pocket. If I'm wearing a jacket I will drop a speed loader or two in the pocket.

I don't have a lot of faith that I will survive any encounter with a revolver that requires multiple reloads...

As for plinking - I'd want as many speed loaders as I can afford.

/rl

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »
Depends upon where you are plinking:  If you are paying for range time to reload speed loaders ...... I think you need more of them.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline rich17z

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »
With my LCR in .357 magnum,I carry 4 5 shot HKS M36 and they work real well for me. I never did use the strips like mentioned but with practice and practice,you will get the hang of the speedloaders any ones that you buy.  richgp100z