< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Colony  (Read 654 times)

Offline Ram Ringer

• NFOA Full Member
The Colony
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:36:25 AM »
Started watching the second season of the Colony on the Discovery Channel. I always find it interesting that none of the people are armed with any type of gun. I realize for the most part it is all fake, but if they to want it to be as realistic as possbile they could use simulation rounds.

"The Most Important Political Office Is That Of The Private Citizen"  Louis Brandeis

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
Re: The Colony
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
I didn't even know there was a Season 1.

I understand the "no firearms" part, from the point of view that if these people were actually dropped off there by the gov't, they most likely wouldn't be allowed to have any, either during transport or afterwards. That seems pretty realistic.

And if the thieves who came roaming through had firearms, well, it would be a 1 episode season.

I'm not a reality show fan, but after seeing the ads, I was hoping to like this one. I should have known better. There is just no way to pretend you're being marauded (the only exception being if they used paintball or marking airsoft, but again, they don't have any firearms). The scene where the girl was swatting at the thieves with the stick as they were stealing the supplies... it had me laughing a "that's pathetic" kind of laugh.

I may catch part of another episode if I'm channel surfing, but I already deleted the timer on the DVR.  :'(

"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill