< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where to shoot near Ogallala?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
Where to shoot near Ogallala?
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Heading out to Lake Mcconaughy this weekend with a bunch of people to camp in the heat.

Does anyone know of any public shooting spots in the area? One of the guys I will be meeting out there has an itch to shoot my quiet Ruger.

The only gun we will be shooting is a suppressed .22, so the area really only needs to be legal and safe.

Thanks for any suggestions!

/rl

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Where to shoot near Ogallala?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
I see nobody knows where to shoot near Ogallala ...... I know there used to be places to shoot ..... anybody know of any current places? 

I heard there was a gun show in Brule last year ....... I searched for it on the site, but could not locate it.....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »
Found some private property near Grant to shoot at, and a buddy of my brother brought out some steel targets, including a wheel with five plates..... I'll get around to posting pics if I have time..... great fun!
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:23:28 AM »
A wheel with 5 plates? Sounds like a Texas star. It's a little tricky and a h**l of a lot of fun
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »
Here's a pic of my niece dusting a popper with her 12 guage ...... the "wheel" deal is to the left .....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ruffled

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 11:31:39 PM »
Very late here, but there is a range some miles west of North Platte.

I can provide more information if anyone ever needs it.