< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: S&W M&P Spec-Ops what were they thinking  (Read 6447 times)

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
S&W M&P Spec-Ops what were they thinking
« on: November 29, 2008, 12:55:53 AM »
Who would have thought the Smith and Wesson would make a pistol with no magazine disconnect, no external safety, no child lock key safety and on top of all that Un-PC stuff they would put a factory threaded barrel on it for a silencer.  Well it exists.

Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
Re: S&W M&P Spec-Ops what were they thinking
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 03:10:51 PM »
Just saw your post with pics of the M&P, very nice. What make of silencer is that and does it do a pretty good job?

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:09:50 AM »
This is an AAC Evolution 9, one of the units that others are judged against.  There are larger, quieter units, there are units the same size and quiet, but not rated for full auto usage.  Available with various thread pitch mounts, and 3-lug mounts.

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Very nice. I have a Walther P22 with a Gem Tech "Outback" can. It's not as quiet as I expected. But, never having shot a "silenced" gun before it was all new to me. I would like to shoot a rig like yours just to see if I want to buy another one. Does the can throw off your POI by much? It does with mine. At 25', shots bounce around by a couple of inches. Since I primarily use it for nighttime rabbit culling, I'm not to concerned but am curious. I think when I bought it I expected total silence except for the slide cycling. Too much TV huh?

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:30:27 PM »
Dave, does that AAC interfere with the sights on the M&P SpecOps?
NRA Life Member.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:30:45 AM »
Yes the silencer blocks the sights, which is typical, one only has to learn how to see through the silencer shooting both eyes open.

About the only silencer small enough to not block iron sights is the AWC Abraxas which is a wet silencer that is quiet for maybe 10shots before re-wetting.

Hold up a finger and line it up with a door knob with your eyes.  Now block that finger with something like a silencer, your dominant eye sees the finger which is your sights, your non dominant eye sees the doorknob your target and your brain mixes the signal so you see sights lined up with the target and the bullets hit the target.