< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Does anyone in Nebraska teach a defensive shotgun course  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Rodney Moorhead

• Powder Benefactor
Does anyone in Nebraska teach a defensive shotgun course
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »
I would really like some better instruction with the shotgun as a defensive tool. 

Rodney
...Com on wanre niht scri?an sceadugenga

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Does anyone in Nebraska teach a defensive shotgun course
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
Rodney/LaMont Cranston/The Shadow:

Assuming that you live in the eastern end of Nebraska...........................

You might try the Signal 88 folks, especially Trevor Thrasher at [402] 498-8494.

They do have Defensive Rifle classes, among other such defensive and tactical courses.    They don't list a Defensive Shotgun course, but they may (a) have a DS course that isn't listed or (b) know of one offered in the area.

[Frankly, I'd just point the muzzle in the Perp's direction, let loose w/some #4 Turkey Loads, and run like hell before the smoke clears.]

Also, Shawn Whittington at the Bullet Hole (402 596-0367) may either offer a DS course or tailor one for you.   Shawn's a full-time EMT, so he's seen lots of gore on the streets.   I've taken two or three of his tactical courses and have always gotten more than I paid for.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
PM sent.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
Just listed...Signal 88 Defensive shotgun class

http://www.nebraskafirepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=2650.0
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:08:45 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills