< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Heartland Public Shooting Park meeting  (Read 1813 times)

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Heartland Public Shooting Park meeting
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:46:57 AM »
HPSP is having a meeting soon to discuss 2009 shooting sports.  Some friends and I were invited to attend to advise on action/practical shooting matches.  Some examples would be IDPA and 3-gun.  If anyone has any ideas on what they'd like to see out there, please post it here.  There's been a lot of talk (but no action) on bringing IDPA or IPSC to HPSP and we'd like to make it happen.  Currently, to the best of my knowledge, the only other options for this stuff are in Omaha and North Platte.  Something more local would benefit everyone.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Heartland Public Shooting Park meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
Rich, you should PM Chris Z about this . He is currently active in those venues and is trying to get the programs started in Lincoln
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
Already done, Dan!  He's teaching a class that weekend, but has offered to help in the future.  Hopefully we can get enough support from the park and volunteers that we'll need Chris.

Hopefully practical shooting at HPSP will take off and draw people from Kearney, Hastings, GI, York, and the surrounding communities.  Omaha is too much of a drive to do frequently for this kind of thing.
NRA Life Member.

Offline dancindave89

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
Rich,

They have monthly matches at the Columbus Rifle Club for I believe IPSC shooting.  When I say monthly, I mean weather permiting.  I shot a couple of the matches and they have had some 3-gun shoots when I was a member.  I moslty shoot Highpower (CMP) matches but enjoy shooting my handgun too.  If you want more info, let me know and I will get you Bill Suiter's contact info.  He runs the matches and has had a very good turnout. 
Dave Zwiener-Take a kid hunting, it'll change their life and yours!!!
Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Life Member Buckmasters
Member Varmint Hunters Association
Member NWTF