< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: M&P 9L  (Read 2273 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
M&P 9L
« on: August 21, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
My wife is a very understanding woman....

Scheels had a really good deal on this gun so I jumped on it.  This is the "L" model, with a 5" barrel instead of the standard 4.25".  I'd been wanting to get a 9mm because of ammo cost, and this was the exact model I'd been wanting.  Just in time for my first 3 gun match, too :D

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: M&P 9L
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 12:12:52 PM »
I've always thought the M&P was an attractive pistol.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
Funny thing is, my wife wanted a USP because that's what Angelina Jolie carried in Tomb Raider and she thought it looked cooler.  My wife is pretty cool sometimes.   8)  I couldn't justify an extra $3-400 though.  Besides, HK thinks I suck, and they hate me.  http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:20:04 PM by bkoenig »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »
Now we just need to get you addicted to reloading 9mm >:D
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 05:50:57 AM »
This is a great pistol! Enjoy

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
Funny thing is, my wife wanted a USP because that's what Angelina Jolie carried in Tomb Raider and she thought it looked cooler.  My wife is pretty cool sometimes.   8)  I couldn't justify an extra $3-400 though.  Besides, HK thinks I suck, and they hate me.  http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/10/09/hk-because-you-suck-and-we-hate-you/

Now I don't care who you are.  That right there is funny.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
Now we just need to get you addicted to reloading 9mm >:D

That's the next step...I'm going to buy some 9mm dies soon.  I'm thinking of casting my own bullets for practice loads, too, since I'm a cheap S.O.B.  I already cast for 45-70, .50 muzzleloader, and .36 cap & ball revolver, so all I need is a $40 Lee mould and I'm set there.  That's a big reason I went with the M&P over the Glock - I wanted to be able to shoot cast bullets.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
Yeah, I decided long ago that casting bullets is where I draw a line. I am exposed daily to way too many chemicals and  for years I was exposed to a great deal of asbestos brake dust.

Lead vapors from cast lead I can live without
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline 2 E L O

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
I absolutely love my M&P9c.  Someday I'll probably have to add a M&P9 fullsize or a 9L to the stable...  I do have a fullsize USP9, as well.  Kind of funny you bring those up...the 9c and the USP are the only two guns I own! 

My USP is from the first year of their manufacture...1993.  It has been completely trouble free after thousands and thousands of rounds and lots of abuse and still on all the stock springs/internals!  The mags even still have the stock springs...

Anyway, enjoy your 9L.  Let us know how it performs!!!