< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Darn NGPC  (Read 1305 times)

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
Darn NGPC
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:38:01 AM »
went to Oak Glen State Wildlife Mgmnt Area this week to do a little target shooting. Been going there since they closed the area at Branched Oak. As my fiancee and I were walking back to our car we saw a sign we'd never seen before saying that "rifles and pistols prohibited". I'm a lil unhappy at this point, can't understand why they'd all of a sudden change the rules. Everyone I took out there myself included are and were very respectful of the land, and we always hoofed out what we hoofed in...guess the search begins again.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Darn NGPC
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:30:18 AM »
I think pretty much all of the WMA's have been closed to target shooting.  About the only option these days is joining a club or finding private land.

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Darn NGPC
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 11:19:54 AM »
From NGPC website on, mgmnt areas "Target shooting is permitted on most areas, although there are a few where this activity is prohibited. They are posted with appropriate signs". Are these signs something they've been moving towards for awhile? If so why not change the wording of the website? I for one enjoy doing my shooting outdoors and for free (minus of course park permit), and am planning on calling and asking about this.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."