< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CMP match at Lincoln Ikes range  (Read 1755 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
CMP match at Lincoln Ikes range
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
I shot in the CMP / High power match at the Ikes range in Lincoln yesterday and had a blast, so I thought I should get on here and plug it.  The match is typically held the last weekend of every month, but it can vary between Saturday and Sunday so you should check the calendar at http://www.lincolnikes.org/ for the exact date.

Any centerfire iron sighted rifle is welcome.  If you shoot an M14, M1, 1903, or an A2 style AR15 you'll compete in the "as issued" service rifle class.  Other rifles will shoot in a separate class.  Course of fire is 10 rounds rapid fire standing at 200 meters, 10 rounds rapid fire seated or kneeling at 200, 10 rounds rapid fire prone at 300, and 20 rounds slow fire at 300 (on a reduced size target - simulates the standard 600 meter target).  Rapid fire stages require you to shoot 2 rounds then swap mags and shoot 8 more, so you'll need 2 mags.  Doug, the match director, is very accommodating and willing to help new shooters so don't be intimidated if you've never done it before.  If you'd like to give it a try but don't have a suitable rifle I would be more than willing to let someone use mine, as long as you buy the ammo  ;D.

The next match is scheduled for September 25th, hopefully we'll see some more people here.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:48:58 PM by bkoenig »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: CMP match at Lincoln Ikes range
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:22 PM »
Take away my scope and I am
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »
Bump for the next match.  Dan, you're even welcome.  Maybe we could let you shoot the 300 yard target at 25  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
Promise?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Hi Guys,
Looks like I am finnally going to make it to one of Dougs CMP Matches this Saturday. Seems for most of the summer one thing or another from medical problems to other commitments have kept me away. I am really looking forward to getting to use my AR for the purpose I bought it for. I am a newbie so I will get to learn a new shooting format too. Should be fun.  8)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »
Um, I actually only meant to invite guys who can't shoot.  If both you and Doug shoot I won't have a chance.   ;D

Offline Wildgoose

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 07:36:29 AM »
Had a great time shooting in the Match. I highly recomend it to anyone who is interested in getting started in CMP. Doug runs a well ballanced, safe and fun event. I learned a lot and plan on shooting again as often as I can make it.  :tool: