< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: hi-point firearms C9mm  (Read 6259 times)

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: hi-point firearms C9mm
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
I had a c9 that work great, kept stove piping the 7th shot, but other than that nice gun. Only reason I got rid of it was to buy my SR9. I also own the 9 carbine. When I go to show it to people I introduce it as the ugliest gun you will ever see., but it hits every thing I aim at. I bought it with the cheap scope, bore sighted it and hit hedge apples at 40yds every time I pulled the trigger. I am thinking about buying a .40 and maybe even the .380 just for the fun of it.
Hi-Point- the poor mans HK
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
I unfortunatly am one of those that have the bad Hi-Point (in .380) loved the price, who cares about ugly, but it would jamb after 2-3 rounds then stovepipe near the end of the mag.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
Well if you decide you want to get rid of that bad .380 let me know.

Offline jdavie87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 12:50:11 AM »
I unfortunatly am one of those that have the bad Hi-Point (in .380) loved the price, who cares about ugly, but it would jamb after 2-3 rounds then stovepipe near the end of the mag.

Have you contacted Hi-point about it? I'm sure they'll try and fix it for you if you give them a call.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 11:26:49 AM »
Used it a a trade for a CCW revolver for the wife, it gave her the chance to learn that she has trouble handleing the clearing of a semi auto and that a revolver would be best for her.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
I looked at 2 of the new carbines today at the Columbus GS. It is a better looking gun now. Might sell mine just to get the new stock.

Offline jdavie87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »
I'm debating selling mine and getting a new one as well. I like the way they look, and I hear that the bolt stays open on the last round now, wouldn't mind having that.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
Old thread I know.

Don't think this belongs in a new thread though.

Cleaned someone's Hi-Point C9.  Firing pin was bent a bit and the plastic spacers on the firing pin spring were crushed.

Also a PITA to disassemble / reassemble.

If you pick up a decent one, then it's all good, but I really suggest avoiding them.  Particularly if you shoot a lot.

Reviews are mixed on them, and they're cheap -- but.... I can't see putting my life in it's hands.  Again, if it's all you can afford... okay... but... I really dislike the thing.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Cornhusker

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:02 AM »
One thing about 'em, if you get a bent firing pin, or even if it's just dirty, you can send it in, they'll fix it, clean it, test it and send it back with a free mag, and it won't cost you a dime.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
One thing about 'em, if you get a bent firing pin, or even if it's just dirty, you can send it in, they'll fix it, clean it, test it and send it back with a free mag, and it won't cost you a dime.

True, and I did mention this to the owner.  I'm not sure if they're going to bother or not.  Hopefully they do (or properly dispose of the weapon).  That is something that Hipoint gets great marks on - the customer service.  I've heard nothing but great things about it.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D