< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: hi-point firearms C9mm  (Read 6258 times)

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
hi-point firearms C9mm
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »
No pics yet  but will get them. $139.00 dollars new reguardless of  what I heard from people this is a great gun I was very surprised how sturdy the gun is. "actually a little heavy" put 100 rounds through it today at bullet hole couple of my friends with m were laughing at me till they shot it now they want one.Lifetime warrenty can't beat that.
here are some stats.

Barrel length: 3.5"

Overall length: 6.75"

Weight: 29 oz.

Frame: High-impact polymer

Finish: Black powder coat

Capacity: 8-shot magazine standard (10-shot magazine also available)

Sights: 3-dots, fully-adjustable rear sight

All Hi-Point handguns feature:

Polymer frame 
 Durable, attractive easy-grip finish
 Last round lock open
 Quick on-off thumb safety
 Operations safety sheet
 +P rated
 Free extra rear peep sight
 Free trigger lock
 Lifetime warranty
 100% American-made, parts and assembly

Part # Finish Suggested retail
C-9 Black $155.00

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:18:01 PM by VooDoo69 »
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: hi-point firearms C9mm
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »
I actually had one of these a couple years ago, sold it to a friend (some friend, huh? ;D) that was wanting a handgun but couldn't afford much else. I had only picked it up because it was cheap anyways.

We ran quite a few rounds threw it without a hiccup. My only complaint was that it was too heavy and too ugly. But for the money, what the heck.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »
I actually had one of these a couple years ago, sold it to a friend (some friend, huh? ;D) that was wanting a handgun but couldn't afford much else. I had only picked it up because it was cheap anyways.

We ran quite a few rounds threw it without a hiccup. My only complaint was that it was too heavy and too ugly. But for the money, what the heck.
I was very surprised on the weight I really need more mags for it
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »
Beats harsh words or happy thoughts in a bind,  EVERY time.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline oldbikewrench

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 11:07:35 PM »
Hey VooDoo69, I have the 45ACP model and I like mine.
“Kid don’t quit talkin’ so much he’ll get his tongue sunburned”
Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »
Hey VooDoo69, I have the 45ACP model and I like mine.
cool It's a love or hate thing I think alot people don't like cause of the price.I bet if it said HK on the side and was 400 dollars more expensive more people would like it
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »
There is a purpose to every product in a Capitalist society...... if there were no buyers, there would be no product. 
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
Probably the most crime traced guns in history.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »
I saw what looked like one at IDPA tonight...... it worked.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »
UPDATE: Quick update onn this gun I've owned it for several months now and put couple 100 rounds through it.It's never jammed on me yet or missfed a round on me.Accuracy seems to be very acceptable it's better then my sigma's accuracy in my opinion.
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »
If you can put up with the eyesore it is, it is a fine gun.  A buddy of mine owns one in 9 and he outshoots me and my XD every time.  (though it is mostly my crappy shooting, my point is that it is a fine handgun)
N0ZXR

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
my point is that it is a fine handgun)

I would not go that far....... functional, yes...... fine?  Like a Chevette is a fine automobile.......
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 09:43:31 AM by JimP »

Offline USN Retired

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:07 PM »
Qualifying the next sentence by saying I don't own either the gun or the car; remember, the Corvette was pretty much a piece of crap when they first introduced it!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -unknown

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 11:39:45 PM »
I think I am going to get one...... just so I can say I have a cheap 9 and a spendy one.....

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »
my point is that it is a fine handgun)

I would not go that far....... functional, yes...... fine?  Like a Chevette is a fine automobile.......
It's more then just functional everytime I pull the trigger it fires.and the accuracey is very good im very pleased with it.It's much better them my S&W sigma.Only complaint is the single stack mags
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline schoolcop

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
It's just that it's...not attractive. If it shoots well that is what really counts. I'm a big S&W fan and the ugliest gun I have is my Sigma. Which I must say is pretty accurate once you get used to the trigger.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »
You know, for all the people that complain about Hi Points, I rarely hear anyone say they don't go bang every time you pull the trigger.  They're ugly and I don't like the way they feel in the hand, but if you need an affordable gun why not?

Offline jdavie87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »
You know, for all the people that complain about Hi Points, I rarely hear anyone say they don't go bang every time you pull the trigger.  They're ugly and I don't like the way they feel in the hand, but if you need an affordable gun why not?
Exactly. I own the C9 and the 9mm carbine, and I haven't ever had a problem with either one.

Also, they have the best warranty out there. Whether you're the 1st or 4th owner, you get a no questions asked lifetime warranty, and a free magazine if you ever have to send it in.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »
I've been seriously considering one of the carbines (among the half dozen or so guns I REALLY need :D).   If you put the ATI stock on them they're a damn sexy gun, but you can only get the stock for the 9mm model.  If ATI made the replacement stock for the .40 carbine I'd be really tempted.

Offline jdavie87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »
I've been seriously considering one of the carbines (among the half dozen or so guns I REALLY need :D).   If you put the ATI stock on them they're a damn sexy gun, but you can only get the stock for the 9mm model.  If ATI made the replacement stock for the .40 carbine I'd be really tempted.
I was going to get the ATI stock, but I've read that it just causes problems. They recently started shipping the carbines with a new, redesigned stock that I think looks a lot better than the original one. Once they start selling the new stock separately I'm going to buy one for mine.