< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Elmo is a Commie and I miss Super Grover  (Read 900 times)

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
Elmo is a Commie and I miss Super Grover
« on: September 16, 2010, 07:09:28 PM »
Now I know why that little Sesame Street puppet is red!  The FCC is using Elmo to advocate broadband as a so-called "civil right": http://omaha.peoplespresscollective.org/2010/09/16/fcc-uses-elmo-to-declare-internet-access-a-civil-right/.

Don't you just love propaganda? 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Elmo is a Commie and I miss Super Grover
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:18:20 PM »
Sure, people without jobs need a fast internet connection (paid for by the tax payers) to keep in touch with the other losers who are too lazy to get a job, via Facebook. You know they must be bored from sitting all day, but wait, how can they afford a computer? Next up....computers for the poor and homeless.

Amazing the things they come up with during campaign season.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
Oh, good one.  I forgot about the entitlement "civil right" of computers.  A right to broadband is pretty useless unless you have a right to a computer, too.  Good catch! 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline RWNJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »
We must be aware that the government will also be in a position to determine that others' right to access the Nation of Islam (noi.org) exceeds our right to access NFOA.  Beware the Gatekeeper of Zuul.  >:D
Cynical, opinionated, and far to the right of conservative.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
Haven't you heard?  The "need" of the lazy and incompetent demands that we who produce sacrifice the fruits of our labors to give them what they want.

Ayn Rand called it.  We're sliding into the world of Atlas Shrugged.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:17:44 AM »
Ayn Rand called it.  We're sliding into the world of Atlas Shrugged.

Heh.  Actually, Ayn Rand called and she wants her plot back.  Wouldn't it be a great headline if the Ayn Rand Institute sued Congress and the Obama administration for plagiarism?

I may have to add a reread of Atlas to my Winter book list.