< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Suppressor (and it's many use's)  (Read 2059 times)

A-FIXER

Suppressor (and it's many use's)
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
I yet to not have enjoyed the results of it, today as I was able to aquire many more P-DOGS. As with the distances of 250 to 425 yrds and without the report of the normal varmint rifle bark.. the suppressed report of the .204 and .223 rewarded us with a fine day of manymore shots of the little pest and as they did not search for cover unknown to them as the dirt splashed around them on missed shots with the inqusitive search they were looking for any understanding to what was causing the dirt to fly around them and then their fate was sealed above ground with attaboys from our small band of eager shooters awaiting the next set of shooter. Was a blast and looking forward to our next outing....

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Suppressor (and it's many use's)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »
Glad you finally embarked on one of the most addictive shooting activities Dan. Who threaded your barrels?

One thing I will say after shooting my AR last night with a Yankee Hill Phantom Suppressor that I bought from Exeter Arms, the gas buster charging handle does not direct all the gas away from your eyes. After 10 successive hits on  the 8 inch plates at 100 yards, my eyes were watering from the fumes. Suppressors direct more gas back into an AR action, a piston upper would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 11:10:06 PM by SBarry »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »
KENT KELLY Burwell, AJ Guns Columbus, and Omaha Gun and machine, have done work for me and I yet to try the fella you know in York. I will have to get with you as an near senior citizen I can not place where I put that phone# but ALL above listed did great work and did not affect my barrel crown that would affect my accuracy....I have not had any issues with it on the AR- but as I have been focusing on my long distance targets and the range.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 12:09:44 AM »
It is time suppressors were taken off the NFA list. They are a very useful tool to combat hearing loss with shooters. This has to be done on a federal level, time to plant a bug in a few senators and congressmans ears.

A $200 tax stamp plus a minimum of $250 for a suppressor to protect your hearing is stupid.     
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
After shooting with supressors its hard to go back to shooting unsupressed. Once you try it you truely understad the meaning of NOISE POLUTION
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:32:36 PM »
After shooting with supressors its hard to go back to shooting unsupressed. Once you try it you truely understad the meaning of NOISE POLUTION
G-knives you are so right about that its impressed my dad that he's also going to get a can to put on his varmint shooter and Rob is a great guy to get your suppressor from he handles all the paperwork so it correct the first time great guy...

A-FIXER

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:42:02 PM »
It is time suppressors were taken off the NFA list. They are a very useful tool to combat hearing loss with shooters. This has to be done on a federal level, time to plant a bug in a few senators and congressmans ears.

A $200 tax stamp plus a minimum of $250 for a suppressor to protect your hearing is stupid.     
Yes to that I do believe the NFOA should maybe use this posting as to a process of presenting this to our NEBR SENATORS in Washington D.C. to enable our sport and as many housing subdivisions are getting created to the shooting ranges this would be in favor of quiet sunday morning for those who live near those ranges... just an idea but again Scott you got another great idea to keep this Right and sport.

Offline Rob Androyna

• Sponsor- NFOA Raffle #1
  • NFOA Full Member
    • Exeter Arms
Re: Suppressor (and it's many user's)
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »
Suppressors are a great thing, not because I sell them. The reason that I sell them is because they are a great thing. I wear hearing aids because of my long term exposure to the M16/M4 rifle. I don't want this for my kids. My children never shoot unsuppressed. My 10 year old daughter has a Walther P22 with a YHM Mite suppressor, she has had since she was 6 years old. She has never heard that weapon without a can on it. We carry the largest selection and the largest inventory of suppressors in the state. With over 200 suppressors in stoch we mostlikely have one that will serve your needs. Our new store, tentatively scheduled to open in February, will continue our dedication to educating the population on the legalities and the usefulness of suppressors while providing the best selection and expert advice in the region.
We are the largest Class 3 weapons dealer in Nebraska. Call us at 402-366-1596 for all your weapons needs.

A-FIXER

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »
Thanks Rob for that info and I do hope everone uses you as their go to guy and lets not forget Hope....