< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hastings Gun Show, Nebraska's largest gun show, this weekend Oct. 2nd, 3rd  (Read 1714 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
It's that time of year again, Nebraska's largest gun show is this weekend, Oct. 2nd and 3rd.

Of course, the Four Rivers Sportsmans Club has donated a table in the main entrance for the NFOA to recruit and sell raffle tickets.

This gives you, the average NFOA member the chance to help out and recruit new members and sell tickets. It also gets you in the door free if you volunteer at least 4 hours to our cause, and lets you get a chance to see the guns brought in by the public to sell before the dealers get a crack at them. You can also go to the dealer meeting after the show for free adult refreshments and prizes on Saturday if you help out. Sound fun???

Let me know if you can donate some of your time. Randy May will be helping out Saturday till 3 and all day Sunday. You will get used to his odor after a couple of hours behind the table with him, but your eyes may water at first! >:D Rempe will also be there, helping out at my tables so I can man the NFOA table some.

Post in this thread if you want to have a good time with us at the show. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:30:10 PM by Dan W »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline CurtisJohson

• Forum Member
Re: Hastings Gun Show, Nebraska's largest gun show, this weekend Oct. 2nd, 3rd
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:33 PM »
Just curious if you would be able to compare the size of Hastings to the Lincoln show this past weekend. Just trying to see if it is worth driving. Thanks!

A-FIXER

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
I will be going to the show and looking forward to meet Randy May and offer some of my time (don't know just how much time but willing to offer for those who don't know the NFOA) to the great effort to retain our 2nd AM Rights, My dad is looking for an new piece to get some pest control issues under his belt its been 50+ yrs since his last p-dog shooting and now that he's retired will give him a great hobby .....

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »
Just curious if you would be able to compare the size of Hastings to the Lincoln show this past weekend. Just trying to see if it is worth driving. Thanks!

Hastings has three rooms, two of them are about the size of high school gymnasiums, the other a little longer. Over 400 tables. Rest of the shows are 200-300 at the most.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »
Sure would like to make this one. I will check to see if I can get away. Have a few projects I need to get done around here before the weather goes winter like.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline CurtisJohson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Anyone potentially need a ride to share $$$ from Lincoln?? I probably wouldn't stay all day long myself...just a few hours.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 07:11:26 PM »
Well it will have to be Sunday if I can get away. Forgot I have to go to a co-workers party with my wife. Looks like an afternoon of shooting guns and eating greasy food is all I will have to look forward to.
USN 83-87, American Legion

A-FIXER

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »
Ok, somethings have changed in Saturdays plans...... I will go to the show at the opening of the show and help my dad find a new shooter and then will be able to be at the show the rest of the day should be aleast 6 hrs so count me in.....
A-FIXER

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
Thanks to Afixers efforts, 53 new members were signed up Saturday. 430 tables at this show.

A-FIXER

I enjoyed my time with Randy, he's a good guy and great talker, to those who have not have had a chance to work the NFOA table at a show, your missing out on a great time and chance to speak to new people who are also wanting to take a stand for our ''GUN RIGHTS'' and once informed our our task of preserving those right as citizens of NEBR are willing to join the people who will be a force to be understood.... thanks to the NFOA and its vocal members who speak to the public offices...
A-FIXER