< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who has a gun club membership- check in  (Read 13429 times)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Who has a gun club membership- check in
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »
I've been a member of the Lincoln Ikes for two years now.  Many happy days spent there since.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
Ikes member (life IWLA).
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 08:23:51 PM »
Loking to join ENGC next year.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
Partsman257,

On the north side of Lincoln there is a trap club.  They are Lincoln Trap and Skeet.

I am not affiliated with them, and have never been there.  If you are interested in more (handguns and rifles), you should look into the Lincoln Izaak Walton League of America as others have suggested.  The Izaak Walton club is southeast of Lincoln on Highway 2 near Bennet, NE.

Fly
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:20:24 PM by OnTheFly »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Cathy1911

• Past Director- Secretary
  • NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:08 PM »
I've been a member at both ENGC and The Bullet Hole for a number of years.  Now if I could only find the time to actually go to ENGC to shoot.  It's a lot easier and less fussy to shoot at TBH, but I agree that 25 yards with a rifle is pretty pointless.

Being used to hot-range gun-school range rules and weapon discipline, the rules at Eastern are a pain in the posterior.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
With all the Lincoln Ikes members on this board we should really get together some weekend and do some shooting.  It would be fun to meet everyone in persons.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
Some of us probably have met already and didnt' know it.  In fact, your name seems familiar (assuming koenig is your name).  I think we may have run into each other by the snail trap one day awhile back.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »
I can't believe you guys didn't come out this afternoon...it was a perfect day for shootin'.

Next Sunday I am at Cabela's all day recruiting
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 05:37:52 AM »
I was there yesterday!  :)

Edited here:

I should have said Saturday, not yesterday, since it was early this morning when I commented.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 05:24:54 PM by armed and humorous »

Offline FLUFF

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 06:23:38 AM »
Hey you guys who are part of a gun club.

How about getting your Orginization to Officially step up and Join NFOA and help support the people who make up there membership ??

How many of your fellow gun club members have you signed up ???

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
Chris would probably be in the best position to make some overatures to Ikes members.  Perhaps he already has in one way or another, or is planning to.  I don't really know any of the other members, and have no way of contacting them outside of running into them at the range.  However, I will be happy to do some recruiting while I'm there to shoot should anyone else be there at the same time.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
We definitely could have met...usually if I'm on the handgun range I'm shooting a muzzleloader or my little .22 Stevens Favorite.  I don't do a whole lot of handgun shooting.

I met Roper out there one day, purely by chance. 

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:25 PM »
Member of the Lincoln Ikes for about a year now.  Just spent about three hours out there today with my wife and 3 year old daughter.   ;D
NRA Life Member!!!!

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
I'm a member of the Alliance rifle club. www.alliancerifleclub.com We've gone through some big changes the last few years with the lose of one range, the purchase of more ground and new construction. We  currently have the only 1000 yard range in western Nebraska
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Nick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
Been a member of ENGC for around 10 years or so. Wasn't shooting much for most of it but have been getting more active lately.

A-FIXER

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 07:48:53 PM »
I'm a member of the GI rifle club it amazes me to not see any fellow shooters on this fourm if so not why not saying so?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »
I heard that GI has a pretty nice club...  I would like to know more
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »
Is anyone here a member of the Bellevue Rod & Gun Club??  I am interested in joining and sent a an e-mail to the contact listed on their web site asking whether they are accepting new members, and if so, what the requirements are.  I have not received a response.  If anyone on this forum can provide that info, please let me know.

Thanks, Clay

Hi ya Clay.

I did the same thing with the Bellevue club, with the same results.  I actually had to go out to the club site to get some answers.  I wandered around for a bit and was finally approached by a member and asked if I needed something.  I asked questions about the membership and found that you have to know a member to become a member.  No open membership nights/days.  That and the annual dues are around $250 a year and there is a commitment for like 45 hours of club service (cleaning up the ranges, painting, etc) each year.  I don?t have a problem with the service issue, but no open membership?   No way to join except through another member?  You gotta be kidding!

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
Sounds like they don't want any new members....... Old Boy Network .......
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »
Yes, I have heard that Bellevue Rod & Gun is pretty exclusive , so I have never attended a trap shoot there.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder