< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who has a gun club membership- check in  (Read 13424 times)

A-FIXER

Re: Who has a gun club membership- check in
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:02 PM »
The GI rifle club is setup for outdoor pistol at 25yrds and would not get interupted by the rifle shooters then it has on the otherside of the of the wall 25y,50y,110y,210y rifle as well as a base mounted bluerock thrower for shooting shot gun and you can go as much as you want with your key I also even has night lighting for you pistol and has an indoor range for pistol and rifle has cal. restrictions don't know what they are off hand and during the winter you can go on on cold nights while the RO officer on tues,thru,sunday the officers are all great and they even have their own cowboy shooting range every 3rd weekend I believe and the members do like sharing their knowledge with others and only sometimers they is the few that don't know thoughtfulness and complete safety typical of the world only thinking of themselves by large I'm glad and pleased to be a member of this fine range the only down side is they do not allow suppressors on the range just an old mind set or thinking you can not hear them at all but you can in large cal just make it much nicer to shoot with out losing you hearing

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »
If that's really the way Bellevue is they're doing a disservice not only to themselves but to all shooters.  We need as many new shooters as we can get.  I understand screening members to make sure you're not going to get some idiot who'll do something unsafe, but their attitude makes no sense. 

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »
 I am a member of the Hawkeye Rifle/Pistol club outside Sioux City, IA and an IDPA club in LeMars, IA.

Sadly most of my NFA shooting I get to do is in Iowa where it's not legal for most folks, but here in NE ranges like ENGC, Lincoln Ikes, Grand Island club, it's not allowed even though it's legal.

Go figure.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

A-FIXER

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »
I just don't understand the reason behind this the officers in charge are all shooters and the reason behind the allowing of the nfa cans if the state of ne say you can hunt with them. But I guess it will take involvement as an officer of the board to put it to a vote.... I would say it requires my input in these matters.

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:16 PM »
For those who don't know. The ENGC (Eastern Nebraska Gun Club), has a new web site address.

http://www.engc.us/
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline GREGG

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
If you're looking at joining a gun club? Check out Weeping Water Gun Club, I've been a member there for years. We have monthly Membership meeting. Check out their website:www.WeepingWaterGunClub.com or Call Ken King at (402) 291-6805. The club post all requirements needed to join. You may have some fun enjoying the shooting sports, hope to see you there. GREGG  :tool:

Offline f1fanatic

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2010, 12:44:06 PM »
I am a 2nd year member at Ikes. Great club and extremely close for me which is a huge benefit. I've shot at both ENGC and Weeping Water. ENGC is larger and more developed but Weeping Water is nice nonetheless. I guess its just whatever is closest. Bullethole is convenient and I need to go see the newly revamped Thunder Alley.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »
Bringing this back up ....

The ENGC has a membership meeting tomorrow evening at 6:45 (still trying to figure out the location).  I'm planning to attend.

The Bullet Hole is convenient, but I'm not a big fan of indoor ranges.

Edit: Found the location for the ENGC meeting ... Tangier?s Shrine, 84th and Center Rd., Omaha, NE.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:11:49 AM by Mudinyeri »

A-FIXER

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
UPDATE: From my last entry, at a afternew yr meeting I proposed the use of suppressors/cans to be allowed to be use and the majority of members voted an approval of use of legally filed can to be used at the Grand Island Rifle Club.... I posted this info somewhere on another topic me thinks but just incase thought I would post this for an informational update.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2010, 07:10:57 AM »
Signed up with the ENGC last night.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »

I'm sad I missed the meeting, it looks like a cool club.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:31:08 PM by SeanN »

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »

Welcome to the club!

Too much traveling and a girlfriend off school for the summer hasn't let me get out there as much as I have wanted...