< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who has a gun club membership- check in  (Read 13425 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Who has a gun club membership- check in
« on: December 05, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
Gun Club Members:

Tell us about the Clubs you belong to

I am a member at Lincoln Trap & Skeet, been there about 11 years, and I am just now joining the Izaak Walton League club southeast of Lincoln.

I still need to take the Orientation before I can shoot on the rifle and pistol ranges, maybe next week.

Any one else a member at the Ikes? i need the secret handshake and stuff ;)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline machineguneddie

• NFOA Full Member
  • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    • The AK Forum
Re: Who has a gun club membership- check in
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
Im a member down at the weeping water gun club
NRA Life Member

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club (Member)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »
Nice place check out the web site with photos.
Located app. 2 miles east of Louisville, on Highway 66.
Private can bring guests and most match shoots are for public also.
600 Meter Range
100 yard Range
Trap Range
Pistol Ranges (5)
NRA High Power & Long Range Rifle Matches
USPSA Action Pistol Monthly Pistol, 3 Gun, & Steel

Improvements progressing now
No H2O
Primitive RR.

Membership $120.00 Year *
New Member *Initiation Fee Pro Rated
There are new member meetings app. 4 times a year.
BOD and General Meetings will now be the 3RD TUESDAY of the
month, at the Tangier's Shrine Hall; 84th and Center
This is a new meeting place and day of month.

www.engcinc.org/member.shtml
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:23:45 AM »
Just re-upped my annual membership at Ike's (Izaak Walton).  I live in Lincoln, and so the range is just 15 minutes away.  I used to go to an indoor range in Lincoln, which is about only 5 minutes away, but besides sucking in all of that smoke, that powder smell would be like cologne, and whenever I would walk by the K-9 car afterwards, the dog would go nuts  ;D 

CZ was elected to Ike's Board of Directors this past summer, and so he would be able to give you the full low-down of what one would need to know re membership.  He's the one who started up Rock Your Glock competition at Ike's....currently 4x/yr....maybe a 5th in 2009, which has me salivating  :o  With his enthusiasm and creative ideas, hopefully we'll even see some expansion of types of handgun shooting competitions.  :)  That RYG is a LOT of fun.

Ike's: http://lincolnikes.org/

When I first joined Ike's and I was doing my "orientation" with a few others that evening, there was a trap shooting competition ongoing, and the place was hopping inside and out.  But usually when one goes shooting at the range, it's relatively quiet....except if one forgets to put on their ear protectors, which I did once while shooting my G30 at the pistol range under that tin roof...eh?, what was that you said?...eh?  :P  Won't forget that again!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:10:42 AM »
Columbus Rifle Club

I am a memaber of the Columbus Rifle Club, this is my third year. We have a range located north west of Columbus. 25 yard pisitol, 50 yard rifle, 100 yard rifle and 200 yard ranges.We have a pretty good group of guys as members. Many really good shots. We have black powder events, pistol and rifle matches, squirrel gun matches. CCW training is also conducted here. Our monthly meetings are the first Monday of the month at the Loup Power Building in Columbus, in the mural room . Meetings start at 7:00PM

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
I am a member of the HFGC. (Hobscheidt Family Gun Club)  ;D We have a membership of 4, me, the wife and the two kids. We conduct our own matches including trap, pistol, and rifle matches. I am proud to say that I rank 4th out of our entire club in pretty much all events.  8)

It's handy living out in the country, but I have often thought about joining a gun club just so that I can participate in some activities.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:26:58 AM »
Central City Sportsman's Club member here.  It's a bit rustic, but it's generally functional and quiet.

I also visit Grand Island's municipal range, the Heartland Public Shooting Park, from time to time.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:32:02 PM »

CZ was elected to Ike's Board of Directors this past summer, and so he would be able to give you the full low-down of what one would need to know

So yur sayin CZ won't tell you the secret handshake either?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »
I was a member of Weeping Water Gun Club, but could not swing it this year....... 5 kids and a collection of guns to feed..........
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »

CZ was elected to Ike's Board of Directors this past summer, and so he would be able to give you the full low-down of what one would need to know

So yur sayin CZ won't tell you the secret handshake either?

But, Dan....then it wouldn't be a secret, eh?  ;)
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Eastern Nebraska Gun Club (Member)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 05:34:09 AM »
Nice place check out the web site with photos.
Located app. 2 miles east of Louisville, on Highway 66.
Private can bring guests and most match shoots are for public also.
600 Meter Range
100 yard Range
Trap Range
Pistol Ranges (5)
NRA High Power & Long Range Rifle Matches
USPSA Action Pistol Monthly Pistol, 3 Gun, & Steel

Improvements progressing now
No H2O
Primitive RR.

Membership $120.00 Year *
New Member *Initiation Fee Pro Rated
There are new member meetings app. 4 times a year.
BOD and General Meetings will now be the 3RD TUESDAY of the
month, at the Tangier's Shrine Hall; 84th and Center
This is a new meeting place and day of month.

www.engcinc.org/member.shtml
I looked into joining this place and was told to stick to the bullethole ???
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 07:59:13 AM »
Member of ENGC and the Lincoln Izaak Walton ranges. Both very good facilities. ENGC is better set up for action pistol type stuff, whereas Lincoln Ikes is a good hang up targets and practice type range for me.

No secret handshake I know about!

Bullet Hole is a good place to shoot as well. I used to have a membership there, until one time I stopped in to shoot, and had my two young sons with me. I let each of the boys fire one round while I practiced. I got charged for 3 people for the full time. It cost me something like $50 for what normally cost me around $15. That ticked me off and I never renewed my membership. I do like to go up there and shoot the Tuesday night IDPA courses when I can still.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
Member of ENGC and the Lincoln Izaak Walton ranges. Both very good facilities. ENGC is better set up for action pistol type stuff, whereas Lincoln Ikes is a good hang up targets and practice type range for me.

Bullet Hole is a good place to shoot as well. I used to have a membership there, until one time I stopped in to shoot, and had my two young sons with me. I let each of the boys fire one round while I practiced. I got charged for 3 people for the full time. It cost me something like $50 for what normally cost me around $15. That ticked me off and I never renewed my membership. I do like to go up there and shoot the Tuesday night IDPA courses when I can still.
It was prob just an error there usually good about fixing things.My friend just got 1 1/2 of free range time.Back on topic im not part of any Competitive shooting but I would like to I've been shooting firearms for for about 28 years now.I tried to go out to the E.N.G.C. but they shut me down before I even got into the door.
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
What happened at ENGC that you got shut down?

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
VooDoo69
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
ENGC pretty much excepts all applications. Only requirement is a current membership of the NRA.
Years past you had to be recommended by a current member.
This no longer applies.

Quote VooDoo69
"I looked into joining this place and was told to stick to the bullethole"
"I tried to go out to the E.N.G.C. but they shut me down before I even got into the door."

Please explain your statement's.

I like to shot further than 25 yards with my rifles so, outdoors I go and ENGC is closest for me.
When weather is bad you cannot beat the Bullet Hole.

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 11:47:16 AM »
Randy this was about 6-8 months ago. I emailed on information cause I use to pass the gate alot when I was doing other things out that way.I don't think I have the email anymore but I was told that bullethole is better for me I don't have a name at the moment.I'll ask a friend he might remember cause I think we were both kind of shocked at the response.Well shooting my handguns at bullethole is ok but not alot of fun for Rifles
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »

Dang....and I thought that we could keep Dan hangin' on this one.  ;D
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
Invite to All Interested in Joinig ENGC
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
All interested in joining Eastern Nebraska Gun Club:

Requirements For Membership In Eastern Nebraska Gun Club:

1. Anyone who wants to join ENGC must first attend a New Member Induction Briefing where they will complete an application for membership, be briefed on club rules, policies, and range safety, learn the responsibilities of club members, have questions answered, pay the current dues (prorated quarterly) AND initiation fee, and receive their membership card for the current year.

The New Member Induction Briefings will be held quarterly following the regular monthly Club Membership meetings. The meeting place is the Tangier's Shrine Hall at 84th and Center Streets, on the third Tuesday, at 7:00 P.M.

New Member Induction Briefings Will Be Held On The Following Dates:

17 Feb., 2009
21 Apr., 2009
21 Jul., 2009
20 Oct, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Members must be 21 years of age, and show proof at the Induction Briefing that you are a current member of the NRA (membership card, magazine mailing label, or NRA website printout showing expiration date). You can join the NRA or renew your dues through a link on this website and ENGC receives some financial benefit from the NRA.

3. Members must show proof of a current background check (one of the following) at the Induction Briefing:

Nebraska Firearm Purchase Certificate
Federal Firearms License
Police Background Check
Active Duty Military ID
Current CCW License

4. New members must pay an Initiation Fee of $120.00 AND the prorated Annual Dues listed below when they join.

First quarter, Oct.through Dec.--$120
Second quarter, Jan.through March--$90
Third quarter, April through June --$60
Fourth quarter, July through Sept.--$30

While it is recommended that you have a club sponsor who can give you a tour of the range and further explain range operations and procedures, having a club sponsor is no longer a requirement for membership in Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »

Dang....and I thought that we could keep Dan hangin' on this one.  ;D

I am gonna start one...try and guess what it is...and I am officially an Ike's member as  of tonight.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:50:31 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline VooDoo69

• NFOA Full Member
Re: VooDoo69
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 06:15:35 AM »
ENGC pretty much excepts all applications. Only requirement is a current membership of the NRA.
Years past you had to be recommended by a current member.
This no longer applies.

Quote VooDoo69
"I looked into joining this place and was told to stick to the bullethole"
"I tried to go out to the E.N.G.C. but they shut me down before I even got into the door."

Please explain your statement's.

I like to shot further than 25 yards with my rifles so, outdoors I go and ENGC is closest for me.
When weather is bad you cannot beat the Bullet Hole.

I was told I should stick to the bullethole I don't mind the bullet hole just sometimes shooting a rifle inside isn't that fun.So i've looked else where
Chad Lloyd
Saiga .410
HI-point 9mm
Sold the rest.