< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Interesting Story in the "Buckeye Firearms Assoc." - 5 Arrested for Open Carry  (Read 731 times)

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
"Five members of Wisconsin Carry Inc., a state firearms rights group in Wisconsin, were legally open carrying in their local Culvers restaurant when a dreaded "man with a gun" call was made to the local police."

Here's the link to the actual article:  http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7450

They even include a copy of the actual 911 call.
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline KGillen

• NFOA Full Member
Wow. Listened to the entire 911 call at the link the story gave, the lady placing the call even was apologetic when she was informed what they were doing was perfectly legal. This is nonsense.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
Guys, the link includes a way to donate to the legal defense of the citizens involved.  I know times are tough, but try to send a shekel or two their way.  I'm sure we're all aware that open carry in Nebraska is probably just as delicate, especially in the People's Democratic Republics of Lincoln and Omaha. 

Hopefully the Wisconsin judiciary has more sense than their law enforcement.
NRA Life Member.

Offline mizzly

• Forum Member
I donated a few bucks.  I hope the same would happen if I needed to defend myself in a similar situation.