< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Advanced CCW at Lincoln Thunder Alley  (Read 1481 times)

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
Advanced CCW at Lincoln Thunder Alley
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:12:26 AM »
I took an advanced CCW class last night taught by Craig Schneider at Thunder Alley Range here in Lincoln. The entire class time was spent on the range.
We worked on several malfunction clearing techniques as well as reloading with only the left or right arm.
We also did both horizontal and vertical movement drills and shooting in the dark using a flashlight. I can vouch for the fact that moving backwards while the target is moving at you and having to reload will get your heart rate up. I went through close to 200 rounds and it probably would have been more if my 1911 held more that 7 rounds in a magazine.
Craig works in law enforcement and knows his stuff. He teaches this class the last Monday night of each month. The cost is $75.00 and is well worth it. If you want to improve your CCW skills I would recommend this class.

Terry

Offline MikeF72

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Advanced CCW at Lincoln Thunder Alley
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:26:34 PM »
Terry - Sounds like a great course.  Where can we get more info on it?
All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife. - Daniel Boone

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:30:18 AM »
I took Craigs advanced class a few weeks ago.... I recommend this class to anyone who is serious about carrying. The drills and time spent with someone so knowledgeable in the subject is well worth it.

Information and sign up is at the Thunder Alley Range at 48th & Hartley in Lincoln

Offline bbtech

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »
As Chris stated information is available at Thunder Alley Range. I may take the class again sometime just to get in some drill time on the range with a good instructor pointing out the correct methods. It is well worth the time and money.